Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am looking for some helpful info for my cousin. She is 36 yrs old and has fertility problems. She and her husband have been saving money in hopes of pursuing an adoption one day in the future. Well her husbands neice is about 25 (?) weeks pregnant and wants my cousin and her husband to adopt the baby. This girl is 18. She had a baby at 16 that she also gave up for adoption (outside of the family, though). The girl and her boyfriend say they don't want children.

So my cousin would love to adopt this baby, but she is shocked that this could happen so soon. She called me asking if I had any advice, and I really don't. So I was wondering if anyone here could give me some pointers in what she needs to do?? I'm sure she'd appreciate any information. TIA.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they simply need to contact an adoption lawyer since this is a private adoption. They may need a social worker too but I'm not sure.

Congratulations to your cousin and your whole family. That's wonderful!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.