1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here's my timeline to give you ladies an idea of whats going on:

Beginning of Feb: Got off BC

Had period Feb 24/25 (dont remember)

Ovulated I think around 14 days after. I tested positive on a O test, I just lost the date because it was stored in my phone.

Had period March 22

Had unprotected sex CD 8, 10, 11.

Had some weird cramping but no CM at all up to this past Sat. when calculators said I was due to O --- the days leading up to it, I tested negative like 5 times on O test.

Had unprotected sex CD 17.

Been having CM for 2 days thats white, creamy, but not super sticky. And yesterday I got PMS like cramps/tight lower back. First CM I've had pretty much all month. Cervix seems high, soft, pretty open.

SOOO: what's the deal? Did I ovulate? Am I about to ovulate this late?

I'm new to all this, so I'm confused. Should I just forget trying to figure this month out, and test at the end? LOL

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixielane View Post
OK, here's my timeline to give you ladies an idea of whats going on:

Beginning of Feb: Got off BC

Had period Feb 24/25 (dont remember)

Ovulated I think around 14 days after. I tested positive on a O test, I just lost the date because it was stored in my phone.

Had period March 22

Had unprotected sex CD 8, 10, 11.

Had some weird cramping but no CM at all up to this past Sat. when calculators said I was due to O --- the days leading up to it, I tested negative like 5 times on O test.

Had unprotected sex CD 17.

Been having CM for 2 days thats white, creamy, but not super sticky. And yesterday I got PMS like cramps/tight lower back. First CM I've had pretty much all month. Cervix seems high, soft, pretty open.

SOOO: what's the deal? Did I ovulate? Am I about to ovulate this late?

I'm new to all this, so I'm confused. Should I just forget trying to figure this month out, and test at the end? LOL
Sounds like you're either about to, or just have ovulated. Are you off BC for good? How long were you on it?

It's very likely that you could be ovulating this late. Especially after stopping a hormonal bc. Your body has to get back into the swing of things. For some people it can take alot longer. Wouldn't hurt to get a Basal Thermometer and have some temperatures to back up your CF and help you have more peace of mind. Probably won't help much this cycle, but couldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Sounds like you're either about to, or just have ovulated. Are you off BC for good? How long were you on it?

It's very likely that you could be ovulating this late. Especially after stopping a hormonal bc. Your body has to get back into the swing of things. For some people it can take alot longer. Wouldn't hurt to get a Basal Thermometer and have some temperatures to back up your CF and help you have more peace of mind. Probably won't help much this cycle, but couldn't hurt either.
Yes I keep telling myself to get one! And I keep forgetting! This late in my cycle... could a few temps possibly let me know if I AM ovulating, or what? Or is it too late?

I was on BC for 2 yrs. I used to always be like clockwork. And my body seemed to have gotten on track immediatly, but this month seems a bit funky. So its either I missed my O and didnt know I O'd, I'm about to O late, or PG. That really narrows it down. LOL

·
Registered
323 Posts
I am so with you on this one! I was just about to post a similiar post. I have normal 32-33 day cycles since they came back about 4 months ago. cyI always know exactly when I'm ovulating because of cm and I have the mittleschmerze or whatever it's called when you feel the pain on one side when the egg releases. I usually ovulate on day 17-19. I've been having crampiness in my uterus and lower back pain for 3 days. I've tested with ovulation tests for the past 4 days and they're negative. We had ups on days 10 and 13. My cervix is soft and open and I'm having cm but not my usual fertile stuff.

So basically either I haven't ovulated yet or maybe I did early??? I'm just wondering what this crampy stuff is, I don't normally have this at all. It feels like it did with both my pregnancy's fairly early on. Probably not this early though. ???

Sorry, not trying to highjack your post, just really curious as to what ideas women will have.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im glad I'm not the only one!

I also have O pains... I get PMSy feeling, bloated, have a "full" feeling, and lower back tightness/pain. It sometimes lasts for 1-2 days. Sometimes off and on during the week I ovulate.

Since I had unprotected sex on cd 8 10 and 11 of my cycle, and if I DID miss my ovulation by the O test (which is possible, they are tricky) then maaaaybe I could be feeling early PG symptoms. If I hadn't had u/p sex, I'd just assume I totally missed my O, and will be O'ing shortly.

But maybe since I'm coming off BC, its late this month. I haven't charted yet so I don't have a reliable history yet.

But I REALLY think last month, I'm 99.9% sure of when I ovulated. So I was thinking if I ovulated the first month off BC, surely the second month I would!!

My cervix sounds like yours -- and the CM. It's high, open feeling, and when I fiddle with it too much, I got crampy.

Good luck to you --- our bodies are tricky little things, huh? Men have it easy.
: LOL

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So this AM I woke up feeling WET WET. I go to bathroom, and I have loads of CM that is a mixture of white, and clear. Some is creamy, some is slippery. There's just alot of it. I checked my cervix, still soft, open (I guess, I think its open anyways, feels very soft and flexible and not tough)

I also discovered this "glob" of sticky clear CM, it stuck together, and stretched 1 1/2" between my fingers.

So combined with my cramps yesterday.....Ovulation??? Is that ovulatory sounding CM?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixielane View Post
So this AM I woke up feeling WET WET. I go to bathroom, and I have loads of CM that is a mixture of white, and clear. Some is creamy, some is slippery. There's just alot of it. I checked my cervix, still soft, open (I guess, I think its open anyways, feels very soft and flexible and not tough)

I also discovered this "glob" of sticky clear CM, it stuck together, and stretched 1 1/2" between my fingers.

So combined with my cramps yesterday.....Ovulation??? Is that ovulatory sounding CM?
I just checked again.. this time, up by my cervix was CM that kind of stayed together on my finger , but then is super slippery when I rub it, and stretched it over an inch before it splits.

·
Registered
323 Posts
That would definitely be fertile cm! We must have the same cycle going on. The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I woke up with tons of fertile cm and then this afternoon starting having the pain in my side that I always get. I took an ovulation test and sure enough, very positive.

So now I'm starting to freak out. I just googled it and sperm can live inside a woman's body for up to 7 days if conditions are right, but most often 3-4 or 4-5 days depending on the site. We had unprotected sex 4 days ago. That means there's a pretty good chance of pregnancy right?? Yikes! And a very good chance of a girl.

So I will now be nervous for the next two weeks. What about you? Are you trying?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by floiejo2 View Post
That would definitely be fertile cm! We must have the same cycle going on. The exact same thing happened to me this morning. I woke up with tons of fertile cm and then this afternoon starting having the pain in my side that I always get. I took an ovulation test and sure enough, very positive.

So now I'm starting to freak out. I just googled it and sperm can live inside a woman's body for up to 7 days if conditions are right, but most often 3-4 or 4-5 days depending on the site. We had unprotected sex 4 days ago. That means there's a pretty good chance of pregnancy right?? Yikes! And a very good chance of a girl.

So I will now be nervous for the next two weeks. What about you? Are you trying?
I've heard in rare cases it can live in body for 7 days.

And yes I've heard the further away from ovulation you do concieve, the more likely it is a girl. But I always take that with a grain of salt, you know? lol

We aren't trying.... but obviously we are half assed preventing, LOL
It wouldn't be bad if it happened, we'd be fine with it. But I will also be anxious waiting. I should get my period the 18th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.