Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I will start with a little history about me.  I had a previous miscarriage that happened naturally in the end of February.  I was 5 weeks 5 days and diagnosed with a blighted ovum.  had spotting since about 5 weeks. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I got pregnant again and since previous pregnancy ended in miscarriage I had this one monitored.  hcg and progesterone were both good and hcg rising as it should.  had first ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 days and it showed an empty sac measuring 5 weeks 3 days.  I went back at 8 weeks 1 day for another ultrasound, the sac was still empty but had grown to 6 weeks 2 days.   I had another appt and ultrasound yesterday which stilll showed an empty sac and it measured 6 weeks 4 days and I should have been 10 weeks 1 day.  my ultrasound yesterday looked like it had 3 sacs in it, but the doctor and ultrasound tech said it was the sac breaking down and preparing for miscarriage.  With this pregnancy there has been no bleeding or cramping and I still feel pregnant.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yesterday we decided to go ahead with Cytotec to start the miscarriage. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>warning below is a little detailed and might be tmi - I took 4 200mg tablets vaginally last night around 8:45.  It was very emotional and harder than I thought it would be.  I thought I had come to terms with what was happening.  By 9:30 I was getting a little crampy but still able to get a little rest.  at 11:30 I woke needing to pee and upon standing up had lots of back pain and cramps started getting strong.  I felt really gassy and had horrible cramps along with nausea.  I was very uncomfortable for the next few hours I went between the toilet, bed and shower trying to get comfortable.  some light bleeding started but only when I wiped.  I ended up taking pain meds and was able to get about an hour of sleep.  I woke up around 4:00 with strong cramps again.  spent the next 1.5 hours between the toilet, shower and bed again trying to get comfortable and took more pain meds.  still only a small amount of bleeding while on the toilet and only spotting on the pad.  at 5:30 I felt like I needed to have a bowel movement and sat on the toilet pushing for 20 min.  I didn't have a bowel movement but had a gush of blood and passed a few small clots of blood along with some tissue.  the tissue was greyish and red with some blood clots attached to it.  it was about the size of the palm of my hand.  after passing the tissue I had very few cramps, the nausea went away and the bleeding has decreased again and only seeing it when I wipe again.   I have been able to sleep a bit off and on now.  I checked my cervix a bit ago and it feels like it is almost closed again.  I am wondering if I should take the second dose of Cytotec tonight since there was little bleeding.  Most stories I have heard with Cytotec there is a lot of bleeding and the amount I have is far less than a day of my normal period and far less blood than my past miscarriage.  I have a feeling that it is an incomplete miscarriage at this point.  I will call the ob doctor on call tonight before I take more medicine, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had an experience like this?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
911 Posts
<p>My first miscarriage, the one I took Cytotec with, was pretty much like you experienced. Once I passed the tissue I had very little bleeding and no cramping.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can look at this thread here for more stories: <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/t/187976/exactly-what-to-expect-with-a-m-c-please-tell-your-stories-what-do-you-see">http://www.mothering.com/community/t/187976/exactly-what-to-expect-with-a-m-c-please-tell-your-stories-what-do-you-see</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>~Rose</p>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>Thank you for sharing roseredhoofbeats, did you have much bleeding before the tissue passed?</p>

·
Registered
911 Posts
<p>I didn't. Not worse than a heavy period, especially compared to the actual hemmorhage I had with my second miscarriage.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It sounds like you might have had another blighted ovum, and perhaps your body had reabsorbed much of the lining by ten weeks. My baby was developed to about 6 weeks when she died. That might explain the light bleeding you experienced.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your doctor should do another hCG test to confirm that it is fall as it should having the tissue has been expelled, and an ultrasound if the blood tests are inconclusive. So long as you aren't developing symptoms of an infection, you don't have anything to worry about.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>~Rose</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts