Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
Relaxers can cause major damage actually to the point of hair breaking off to the scalp. I sympathize with her I have curly hair and I loath it with a passion no matter everyone else loves it I cannot it is a royal PITA and to much work and tried to have it straightened twice. The first time he checked with a small spot and it burned my hair off to the scalp. The second time many years later was a gentle straightener and it didnt work not even a little bit. If I could have it straightened I would do it in a heartbeat.

I now straighten my hair with a flat iron and LOVE how it looks and feels. I feel so free with straight hair. The problems are of course rain, humidity and the hour + it takes to straighten it all. But it is worth the effort to me. Be sure that you buy a iron spray to protect her hair or it will cause severe damage. I use 2 different kinds at once.

Having said all that and feeling like I do about my hair I would strongly consider having my dd's hair straightened if she wanted it. Thank the good Lord my dd was born with straight hair I prayed every day she wouldnt be cursed with my hair type.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts