Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd is a magician! She made herself disappear during nap time today. I've all but given up on her actually napping during quiet time, but I though she might sleep today since she was up playing from abour 4-7 this morning and then got up at 8:30. So it got quiet in there and I peeked in and didn't see her. Ummm, I was nursing ds on the couch and didn't hear her come out of her room, peek again, ok, where is she? Look again, this tie stepping into the room, maybe she's under the pile of clothes in the middle of her room, nope. In the closet? Nope. Panic rising, where is my 3 year old. The house is silent, no noise anywhere, she can't just be hiding, can she? She's never hid like this before, where is she. Ok, she has to be somewhere, kids don't just disappear into thin air. Finally, the 5th or 6th time I look into her room, it dawns on me that there is a large box in the middle of the floor (next to the pile of clothes, sense a theme?). Dh sent my flowers for Mother's Day and they came in this long thinish box, which dd is currently sleeping in! I almost laughed out loud, covered my mouth and ran from the room before bursting into laughter. At least she's sleeping, right?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I had an incident like that last week. I put DS down for a nap and 20 minutes later opened the door to check on him. I about panicked when I couldn't find him at first. Finally I walk into his room and I discovered him napping on top of his changing table! Very quietly, I left the room, retrieved my camera, took a picture of him and then returned him to his bed. I don't want to know how he got up there.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's so funny, everyone I've told this story to has asked me if I got a picture. And I did go for the camera, but as I was focusing it, she stirred and I decided that her staying asleep was more important than my getting a picture of it.

And about being lucky I didn't wake her up, I am SO glad I didn't trip over/kick the box as I went looking for her!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'm so glad I didn't wake up my son. Half the times that I pick him up he wakes up. The other times he stays asleep. I am always worried about kicking a toy when I check on him during nap time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts