Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...because they went hunting this weekend and shot a lovely, perfect 3-yr old bull moose, my sister downed him with a nice head shot, none of the meat was damaged, it is GORGEOUS and smells heavenly hanging in my mom's basement (we're currently visiting her in the Yukon) and we had a feast of liver this evening and it was delicious and I have never been able to stomach fried liver before - and I was certainly required to eat it a lot growing up! - the meat is just THAT good. And I made paté out of some more of it (there is a lot of liver on a moose) and it was sooooo good.

Um, just because this is probably the ONLY place in the world where I can post something like that and y'all will be envious.

But seriously, I am so happy. Our freezer will be packed full of the healthiest meat on the planet this winter.
Tastiest too. I actually prefer caribou mostly, but this moose was just at the peak of moosey perfection.

· Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys need another freezer!
That's not exactly a terrible problem to have though is it?

If anyone wants to see, DH posted an album of pics from the hunt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.