Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who don't know me: I cloth diapered my first child from birth to potty training and am currently cloth diapering my 11-week-old.

My favorite diapers are prefolds. I like fitteds too, and dh prefers them.

My perfect diaper cover would have to work over fastened or unfastened prefolds or fitteds. My favorites for unfastened prefolds are the Flip, Econobum, and Blue Penguin Wrap 'n Snap. My favorites for fastened prefolds or fitteds are Dappi nylon pants and Motherease Airflows. My favorites that work for everything are Bummis Super Whisper and Super Snap wraps. The Velcro ones are cuter and more adjustable but the snap ones are more toddlerproof.

So, if I had to pick just one...it'd still be Bummis! Probably snap.

(Full disclosure: I tried Thirsties and disliked them. I have not tried Thirsties Duo or Bummis Super Brite. I like Proraps and Rikki wraps, but not as much as Bummis. Obviously a lot varies by shape; both my kids are average weight and slightly tall.)

· Registered
192 Posts
I have a question about the Bummis... I can only use mine one time... the leg area ends up sopping wet and the binding wicks onto DD's clothes if I don't change her as soon as she is wet. I don't have that problem with the Thirsties but it is happening with the Bummis... am I doing something wrong? The diaper is VERY soaked btw... again, not had a problem with the Thristies when she does this, but I do with the bummis...

· Registered
5,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had leg wicking, but I've heard other people have had it. I have had problems with leaking through the cover if the diaper was VERY wet but that just means I need to use a doubler or a more absorbent diaper or change more often or all three. It's true that BSWW can't be reused as often as the wipe-clean kind, but I guess it doesn't bother me to wash more covers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.