Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... in 5 weeks. I knew she was pregnant, but she's so itty bitty I thought she was 5, maybe 6 months, not 8 or 9. I have 11 more weeks if I go full term, which would make me ok if she takes a 6 week maternity leave. She said she should be back if I go to 40 weeks, but starting in 4 weeks I'll start cycling through all the other doctors. There's only 3 so that shouldn't be too bad and one of them is delivering her baby. Plus they're all pretty much on the same page about everything. My doctor wants me to bring in my birth plan next appointment so we can make sure everyone is on the same page. It's just sad b/c I really really liked her and I want her at my birth.

· Registered
1,765 Posts
My doc is going on maternity leave in 5 weeks too! Pretty much the same arraingment, I'll cycle through the other docs.

My dr said, though, that if I go on my due date she'll be on call...which means I'll have to be pregnant (hugely so!) on Thanksgiving because I'm due 2 days after.

From my experience, though, it's the nurses who really make your labor, not really your doctor. It might be different with a mid-wife, though, who is there all the time.

Hugs, sorry!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.