Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just got back from the doctor's appointment.

Pee looks good and I weigh 186 pounds (about what I expected). Blood pressure good. Got a pap smear (yay ). Did a vaginal u/s. Baby is upside down and measuring 7 weeks 6 days, and since that falls into the margin of error for the machine they are sticking with the 2/4/10 due date. So I'll likely have the baby late January, particularly if it is another boy. Heartbeat was 158 BPM and we could see the yolk sack and the blood moving in the placenta. Picture:

http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image.../img4/glowfoto

If you aren't good at reading U/S, the +1 is his/her butt and the + is his/her head. You can also see his/her arms there about halfway.

Everything looks good. Got my first trimester bloodwork done today as well. I'll go back on July 23rd for my next appointment.

OB has no idea what the rash is, but he did prescribe me some cream to try, so fingers crossed that it works!

·
Registered
713 Posts
How exciting! Congrats! I haven't ever seen an u/s photo other than the ones from like 12+ weeks when my little brother was born 18 years ago
. Hope the rash goes away soon; that's a bummer.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Our OB does one first trimester u/s to confirm the due date, viability, and location of the pregnancy. And he's really good at giving pics to take home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts