Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6 year old son told me this morning that his bottom middle tooth is "wiggly". I thought it was going to be a few days before it falls out but he came running this afternoon with the loose tooth! I guess this is a good thing since we don't have to deal with strings or what not to get it fall out.<br>
Now, what am I supposed to do tonight? Do I leave him money, if so how much for a 1st tooth for a 6 year old? I read another post that said leave a toy but I didn't think to buy anything for this occasion.<br>
My son is getting ready to go to bed now (we just came home from home group bible study). I hope I don't wake him up at night while trying to get the tooth back.<br>
What do you do with the tooth? If you save it, which method worked for you (storage wise)?<br>
I was worried that he will be upset about losing a tooth but he is kind of excited about it. (I mentioned that he is becoming a big boy tooth now...)<br>
Thank you all for your advice.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
We left a $2 coin ( Canada) but just for the first one. Plus a note from the tooth fairy and a new toothbrush. He didn't wake up at all and was pretty excited about the whole ordeal! We made sure to wrap the tooth on tissue paper or an envelope.... can't remember which... so it would be easier to find. We also resorted to writing a note to the tooth fairy to explain what happened when my first son SWALLOWED his very first tooth that he lost! Because we homeschool we try to use these situations for writing practice!lol<br>
Good luck! I bet he looks cute!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the replies. Is the losing a tooth a thing to celebrate? I feel kind of sad that he lost his baby tooth and getting big and feel older myself over this (my son getting older means I'm getting older...)<br>
Just mixed feelings...<br>
Giving a new tooth brush is a good idea but I don't have a new tooth brush. (and he uses electric kids brush...).<br>
He just told me that one of the boys at AWANA told him that there is no such thing as a tooth fairy and asked me if I or dad will take the tooth and give him money? (that's what he heard from this the other kid at church).<br>

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
My Dd lost hers today as well. Of course hers has been loose for weeks so we had time to prepare.<br>
I printed this:<br><a href="http://www.toothfairycity.com/city/?q=node/10" target="_blank">tooth fairy letter</a><br>
and she is getting a silver dollar and a paper dollar. Also she is getting a new toothbrush and toothpaste and floss.<br>
Maybe you have some in your closet?<br>
good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts