Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that DS has recently started avoiding nursing in the presence of others, including DH and co-wife. He has also been skipping nursing from my co-wife. When we are alone and / or in the night as well as early morning, however, different norms apply. Is this consciousness signal to weaning? Or a temporary phase? I may mention that traditionally in our family CLW is the rule and occasional bf'ing upto 5 years is no surprise. It pains me to think if he is already in a mood to wean out. His number of feedings has already dropped to 4 or 5. Any observations, mamas?
Uzra

·
Registered
581 Posts
I know several moms who only nurse at night. With some, their children only nurse for comfort at night and no longer require daytime feedings. With others it is due to that fact that the moms have to work all day and can only nurse at night.

We hate to think of the possibility of our babies growing up and becoming less dependent on us, don't we?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.