Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw Ani Difranco in concert last night, and it was SOOOOO GOOOOD! I don't know if there are any other Ani fans in our DDC, but I've been following her since the early 1990s, when I once saw her with a rollicking crowd of 4 in Maine.

She is due in February, and isn't showing a whole lot, but is still spirited and spunky and awesome as ever...she made a couple of references to "baby" and said "Baby has been on tour about 4 times so far, and I can't wait til I get a response to the songs.."

I tried to picture her petite 5' 2" frame holding a guitar at 8 months...it was comical...

Last night she was wearing a tshirt that had a parent and kid holding hands in silhouette, and it said
SEX
do it for the kids.

I love her, and she is always an inspiration, and it made me feel like we were in the same club or something...
:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
SHUT UP! My dh and I are huge Ani fans and if he ever leaves me for anyone it will be her, LOL!
We had no idea she was pregnant. That is the coolest thing. It makes up for finding out that Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson are splitting up.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You must be in PDX. We were so bummed to miss that show - we live around the corner from the Alad. & saw all the people camping out all afternoon...

And now she's also pregnannnnt! Rats!!!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stormgirl
...when I once saw her with a rollicking crowd of 4 in Maine.
Do you mean it was just you and four other people?!? That's unbelievably cool. Awesome about her pregnancy! I'm jealous about your concert-going. It's been soooo long since I've seen anyone cool in concert.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was in Portland, and I was so glad to have seating!!! Being up late is an anomoly lately.

And yes, there were just a handful at the concert in Maine, including some guys in flannel and baseball caps in the back of the tavern playing video games...and I didn't really know who she was, my mom had taken me to see her...and I went up to her after the show and offered words of encouragement to keep playing, not to lose hope etc..which probably had her grinding her teeth and cursing the entire state of Maine for years afterwards.

I feel so lucky..it was sold out and I found a last minute ticket on craig's list...maybe it's b/c I'm so pg and emotional, but I felt like it was the best show I have ever seen of hers.

mzfern you should see a fun concert pre-baby...see if your baby responds to loud bass!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedMama
SHUT UP! My dh and I are huge Ani fans and if he ever leaves me for anyone it will be her, LOL!
We had no idea she was pregnant. That is the coolest thing. It makes up for finding out that Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson are splitting up.

Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson are splitting up???!!!
: No way!

Sorry about the outburst, I guess I'm bizarro when it comes to fave celebrities...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yay!!! Ani's pregnant?! I'm so excited! She is my favorite musical artist in the world! I've only seen her once, when I lived out in Eugene, OR, but it was amazing! We don't really get any shows up here in the middle of northwhere, but I remember with DS we went to see a friend's bluegrass type band play, and for months he would "dance" in my womb any time we heard a banjo!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Yay! I bet the concert was fabulous. We're going to see her in CA on Sept. 18th and I can hardly wait. Better yet, I miraculously scored front row tickets through Ticketmaster! I love Ani and I'm so happy for her. I think she'll be a great, thoughtful mama.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Ani Rocks!!!

Dh & I have been to see her together five times in NC. Once while I was pregnant with dd2.
Being Ani fans was our first common ground. I discovered he owned more Ani cds than I did and decided it was safe to fall in love.

I'm so happy to hear the news & glad for you lucky folks who are able to see her on this tour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.