Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dear high school friend (male) whose wife is expecting number 1. They have called me and gotten advice through this pregnancy and took Bradley(I teach it), hired a good doula, and are planning well for the birth. He called to ask my opinion on circumcision. I told him a few intact facts and my own shame at having allowed my son to be circ'd ten years ago (I would never have done it again, but having 4 girls after it didn't come up -baby six expected now will NOT be circ'd if a boy) because I did no research on it and just went with the doctor's recommendations. He said, and I quote, "well that's it, we aren't doing that!"

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Just make sure you check in closer to birth. Many a'times we've seen stories like this on the board and then post birth they cut anyway due to family or friends scaring the hell out of them :\

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
good work!!

Quote:
op: My first circactivist moment
this confused me at first. It sounded like you were an activist FOR circ.
:

I don't like using the term Intactivist anymore, I saw someone who called themself a GI Activist. I like that alot. Genital Integrity Activist.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fi. View Post
Just make sure you check in closer to birth. Many a'times we've seen stories like this on the board and then post birth they cut anyway due to family or friends scaring the hell out of them :\

Oh you don't know my friend. That kind of pressure would totally backfire and he would definitely NOT CIRC just to piss off whoever was pushing. I am not at all worried about it. I do plan to follow up with an email with some of the intact care issues for them to read.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Yay you!!

One of my students jost told me she is pg again, so I of course said, "Well, at the risk of crossing the line, PLEASE don't circ if it's a boy" And promised more info. Sooo, I am hoping.
laoxinat
P.S. DS (20) just called me this a.m. from the clinic to say (proudly) that he and GF are getting tested (precautionary) and do I have his ins. info. I told him, "For the love of Pete, don't let anyone tell you you need to be circ'd" "Oh, hell, no" was his reply LOL!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.