Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On August 17 I am taking a business trip and leaving dd and dh behind for the first time. Dh can't go with me b/c he is student teaching and dd can't go b/c there isn't anyone to travel with her. I am so sad about it...I didn't want to leave her overnight until she was older but I can't really get out of this trip. I've already compromised with my boss and scheduled it for only a one night trip versus the two he had originally asked me to commit to.

So the problem is that I will have to pump all day long where she would have normally nursed. I guess I'll just do what I have to do but what am I going to do with all of that milk? I can't bear throwing it out.

Here are the details:

I fly out on Sunday Aug. 17. at 7:30
My flight is from knoxville, tn to Philadelphia.
Including layovers the travel time is 4 hours long and I have to pump between connections. Since I will already be past security, they will let me travel with the pumped milk to the second flight. I am wondering what to do about the milk I collect Sunday night/am and Monday morning/afternoon???? Does anyone know if the airlines will let me on the flight with about 25-40 ounces of expressed milk? My outbound flight leaves at 4:20 pm. I won't see dd until about 9 pm.
It will really hurt me to have to throw out all that milk.

· Registered
148 Posts
25-40 ounces shouldn't be a problem. FAA rules now allow a "reasonable amount" of expressed breast milk when traveling without a baby. They may ask you to open a bottle and hold a test strip above it to detect explosives. Not a big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.