Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this was my first week of CDing and I love it! DD little bum has lost the constant pink color (that I thought was just her skin color). Its prob just me but she seems happier lately. At day 3 I actually got the courage to let her wear cloth at night and no leaks or anything and she slept for almost 12 hours!

One question though:
We went to my Grandmas today and I brought along 6 diapers. I thought that this would surely be enough. We left at 11 and were planning on coming home around 5pm. Well we had to leave 2 hours early because I ran out of dipes and did not want her to be diaperless on the hour drive home. SO how many diapers do you normally bring with you? I am hoping this was just a today thing but DD pooped 5 times while we were there.

Thanks,
Allison

·
Registered
799 Posts
I usually bring 1 diaper for each hour I think we will be gone, plus a couple of extras. For longer trips though, I double it. I just throw an extra bag with a bunch in the trunk so I don't have to haul them all around. We almost ran out once when DD was tiny, so now I am paranoid!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I guess it depends on the age of your baby. 9 mos and under, or so, I'd take along a lot -- at least one for every hour and then a few extra, especially if there's going to be multiple poopy butts involved. Also, I don't know what kind of dipes you use, but it's pretty handy to keep a few prefolds and covers in the car as backup.

As DD has gotten older (she's 15 mos now), however, I've found that I don't need nealy so many. She just doesn't pee as often (though it's more of it when she does). So we can get away with 1 dipe for every hour or two. I use pockets when we're out and I make sure to stuff them well so that if she does pee and I don't have any extra, we can make it home without leaks. Strangely, she doesn't seem to mind or notice the wet diaper so it's not like she's fussy or crying when I can't change her immediately.

She's also only poops once every day or two (and usually in the morning right after she wakes up) so it's been months since she's pooped when we've been out of the house. That also makes it easier to know that it's very unlikely she'll poop while we're gone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, Abby's almost two months and saves it all up at once. LOL Usually I take two or three dipes and we have a fall-back small AIO in the diaper bag. For the six hours, I might've put two or three more dipes in the car just to be safe. Though, six dipes for six hours...maybe Abby does save it up because we go through around 8 dipes for a whole day. lol

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I don't really remember how I did it at that age but I do remember that I kept a bag of about 6 prefolds, a snappi, and a cover in the car with me (it's still there) in case I ran out. I also keep a change of clothes for each kid and a shirt for me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
congrats on your little one!!!!!
my dd is now 5 weeks old and she is a poop / pee machine. i must say i go through a good 20-25 cd's in a day with her! when i go out(takes major planning) i bring 2 per hour of being out plus a few extra just in case. but with my ds (now 18mo) i only bring 4-6 in his bag. so like another post said(depends on age) but best wishes to you and baby!!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Wow that's a lot of poops! Would you even have brought enough disposables? I'm not sure I ever took that many, other than for actual travel!

I can't imagine that that level of pooping will keep up, but perhaps you could just throw some of your less-favorite (if you have those yet) dipes into your trunk, then just pack the diaper bag with what seems like a normal amount...that way you have a ton with you but aren't carrying them on you all the time?

You could also have your grandma stock up on CD's.

Come to think of it, I've washed and dried DS's clothes at his grandmother's before, when they got dirty and I didn't have more...so if that happened to me, I'd probably just wash and dry the dipes!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone! Just wanted to clarify though... While DD is "kind" of new she is almost 4 months old. I think when I said day three that was confusing. LOL. I meant day three of using CDers.

I think I will put a couple prefolds in the car. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.