Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
blackberry
cable close up This is my biggest project ever. I'm a little nervous to try it on, after all the work I've done, if it doesn't look good I'm gonna cry.

Pilot cap full view
my cuteness
another Pilot cap pic, mostly just to show off my kid I figured out the applied I cord
, and here it is! Isn't the yarn beautiful?!?!

scarf mitten set And I made thses for my sister. It's the dropped st scarf, but on smaller needles. I thought that particular yarn looked better on smaller needles.

And that's it! Thanks for looking.
:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Wow! Beautiful work! The kid is gorgeous, too! I am a new knitter. I taught myself to crochet after I got married, and taught myself to knit just recently. Right now I am working on an easy "tea and sympathy" shawl. I am so not good, but your work is really inspiring! I think I will knit my 2 cuties some caps! The yarn for the cap is so nice! Me like!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Oh my gosh! Great work! I love them all! Where did you get that yarn for the pilot cap? The colors are fantastic. The kiddo is ADORABLE! Beautiful eyes, wow!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Beautiful work! Your babe is gorgeous too, with those big eyes! Your yarn for those projects is fantastic, what is it?

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody! Ok, the yarn for the blackberry is rowan chunky print... the gray color, something like temper or a similar word. For the mittens it was just Nashua chunky with a yarn my friend sent me... I asked what to do with it here a while back and now I can't remember the name of it. It's a merino/nylon blend, it is soo soft and gorgeous. The Pilot cap is an LTK pattern, and the yarn is organic cotton, hand spun and hand dyed by a friend of a friend. I was drooling the whole time I knit that cap. Alas, it is a gift, but it fits ds perfectly. I'll post a pic of the sweater on me once it finishes drying.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Those are all awesome! I love the sweater, beautiful! I have thought so many times about making a pilot cap. I think you've inspired me to buy the pattern next time I can buy stuff!! Love it!! Your little one has the most beautiful eyes! Oh my goodness, such a cutie!!!! Love the scarf and mittens too. You are so talented! Good job!

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Knitting the blackberry was easy, if you know how to cable, you know how to do everything. HOWEVER, I HATE seaming. So that was the most annoying part for me. Also, you can't knit the sleeves while you're at the park or talking to someone, it takes a little concentration to remember to decrease and cable at the same time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.