Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with his hearing.<br><br>
He is constantly yelling. You'll be sitting right next to him and he'll be yelling instead of quietly talking. DH says SHHHHH, I'm right here....please speak quieter and DS will speak in a normal voice. But then next sentance out of his mouth will be yelling again.<br><br>
I'm wondering if he has some sort of hearing problem, or i his ears are plugged rom an allergy (he has constipation issues that we are going to go see a pediatrician about on friday).

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
It can't hurt to check the hearing, I'm sure. But it may just be the age. My DD1 is 5, and still has very little sense of appropriate volume, especially when she gets on about something she's really excited about. I find myself shushing her every five minutes, sometimes, or telling her that she's putting holes in my head.<br><br>
I've had good luck with politely cutting her off, and saying, "I'm sorry, baby, but you said that so loudly I can't hear you. Can you say it softer please, like this?" And then I act like I can't hear her, until she does lower the tone just a bit. I think that's all you can do-- talk about it, remind them, etc. I think that it'll come all by itself with age.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts