Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, a couple months ago i moved out to CO from FL, but while i was still there, one of my good friends and i were going through our pregnancies together...

her due date was 6/19 but she is going in today to be induced (hopefully just w/ pitocin and no c-section) because her doctor feels like her baby will get too big if he stays inside any longer. while i don't necessarily agree with that (the baby was 8lbs at last check a couple days ago), i am soooooooo happy she will meet her little boy soon.

so, just wanted to send out some lovin birth vibes to stacye and her baby boy zion!!

me (on the left) and stacye in april:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cheese...&.dnm=b292.jpg

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
I hope everything goes well...looking forward to an update!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
update:

Zion Freeman was born around 8pm on 6/22/05. he weighed 6lb 14 oz. and was 50 cm long! he latched on right away and is rooming in with mom. they leave the hospital tomorrow morning.

mom (stacye) is doing well but had a hard labor. she was induced with pitocin,but that was making her crawl the walls so they gave her something to ease it out and ended up giving her an epidural. she pushed zion out 30 minutes before the cut-off time for an emergency c-section.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeseRjedi
update:

Zion Freeman was born around 8pm on 6/22/05. he weighed 6lb 14 oz. and was 50 cm long! he latched on right away and is rooming in with mom. they leave the hospital tomorrow morning.

mom (stacye) is doing well but had a hard labor. she was induced with pitocin,but that was making her crawl the walls so they gave her something to ease it out and ended up giving her an epidural. she pushed zion out 30 minutes before the cut-off time for an emergency c-section.
Congrats to your friend. Sounds like that baby clearly wasn't ready to be born yet, and that sucks for both mom & baby.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Congrats, I am glad everyone is happy and healthy!

But it is so common to hear...

Quote:
she is going in today to be induced ...because her doctor feels like her baby will get too big if he stays inside any longer. ..(the baby was 8lbs at last check a couple days ago)
and then

Quote:
he weighed 6lb 14 oz.
I hope next time she can trust her body to deliver that baby when its ready!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I'm so glad she avoided that c-section! That was a close one. And the baby was 6lb 4oz, not exactly on the large side...go figure. Well, congratz to her and her new little one. It's good to hear the baby is nusring well and everything.

·
Registered
415 Posts
My mw guessed dd would be 8 + lbs and it caused alot of fear in me. She only weighed 6lbs 15 oz. They are inside for Pete's sake how accurate can you get. That's so dumb
I am happy that she avoded the section. Pass on love and
for the name.

·
Registered
10,797 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cheeseRjedi
update:

Congrats to mama stacye!

And welcome little Zion! Freeman is my maiden name!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
A little late but:
Welcome to the world Zion Freeman!!! Congrats to your friend, I hope she has a wonderful babymoon. I love the picture of you t wo together!

Namaste, Tara
mama to Doodle (6), Butterfly (23mos), and Rythm (due 1/06)

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I am so glad that everything turned out ok, sadly a vaginal birth after induction is (or becoming) a minority. I also hear all the time "doc says my baby is 9+ lbs so I will be induced/get an elective c-section" then baby ends up being less than 8 lbs. Not that size has anything to do with whether babies can be born vaginaly. My doctor told me DS was about 7lbs, he ended up being 8lb 7oz. My friend's doctor told her her baby was 10+ lbs at 38 weeks, baby was 8lbs ?oz, ended up with a c-section after a failed induction at 38 weeks.

BUT congratz to your friend! And it's so good to hear that Zion latched on right away, I get a little teary eyed just thinking about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts