Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago my 12 yo Sunny developed a bump between her toes which turns out to be cancer. After much agony I decided to do the surgery to remove the tumor. She had surgery on Monday and she is not healing very well. The tumor was in a sensitive area and...I feel like having surgery has made her worse.
She has needed 2 bandage changes and it looks much worse today. She has 3 other tumors, I know she is going to die of cancer I just want to do the best for her now. She has the energy of a 3 year old, her blood test are good her tumors are not the worst type. and I feel she can live with the tumors for a year or more since she has had so many for quite a while. I am not going to put her through anymore surgery's I really want to heal this wound UP FAST!

She is now "tied" to her bed and I am limiting her mobility as much as possible. She has a wool sock over her bandage so she doesn't lick it moisture should be wicked away. I put her on arnica 30c. I am giving her antibiotics and pain meds regularly. She is even taking zeolites...

Any BTDT? Advice ??

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
No advice, just been there.
. We lost our cat to cancer a year ago--we did sugery and radiation therapy, which bought him another year of life. It was so hard; I have nothing but sympathy for you.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I hate cancer..Its a waiting game.
My dog has or possibly has cancer. I wouldn't treat it medically so I felt no need to do a biopsy. She has a large mass in her abdomen, and some small lumps under the skin, those ones could be cysts, but the vet was thinking cancer(He could have said that to make me more inclined to biopsy).
1yr later and the dog is still alive and bright eyed. She has days when she just looks old and slow. Breaks my heart, then she perks up and is back to her old self for awhile. She has nasty breath though.
She has a big heart and lots of courage, still playful. She is 14yrs (in January), Im hoping we make it to 16.

Have you tried switching to a raw diet? Its not a cure, but it is so much healthier for the system.
Maybeyou could try probiotics or plain yogurt, since your dog is on anti-biotics. That might just be for humans and horses, but it should help. or be a nice treat.
I give my dogs olive leaf capsules when they have an infection or diharea. The stuff is amazing!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.