Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was our local My Gym's open house which allowed us the opportunity to see what they have to offer. Gage had a great time- so much fun! He is already super coordinated, I'd like to have the chance to see what we can do to stay on top of his development. But...it's 60 bucks a month for 4 classes and 4 open gym times. Has anyone done My Gym and was it worth the money? From what I gather it's a monthly option so if we only want to do it in October and January and March- that's fine. Maybe all the franchises operate differently. I just don't want to be suckered into a scam if it's a waste of time. Come mid-November the rec center has free open gym everyday for a couple hours so it's not like we will be cooped up all winter long.<br><br>
Please let me know your experiences!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
We did "The Little Gym" for a few months. I think it's pretty comparable. They don't have open gym, but it was about $12 per class. Max loved it. He was the youngest in the class at first, and it took him some warming up to the equipment, but in the end it was worth it. One of the main reasons it was worth it is because we did a Saturday class so DH could be there with him and see him socialize/interact with the other kids, something he doesn't get to see too often. You might have a similar opportunity with open gym.<br><br>
We ended up changing to a swim class for about the same amount of money. I figure I can play with him in a dexterious way to try and get some of the same skills as they work on at The Little Gym on my own. I don't have a pool, so I can't do that on my own. If we are only doing one class, I think swimming is more valuable at this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts