Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor hands.

I've had to take off my rings for the first time. And now my hands hurt so bad - the wrists and the knuckles. Like I imagine arthritis would feel like. It HURTS so bad.
:

Yep - it's a pity me post.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
Oh, that's no fun!!

Do you have enough salt in your diet? My hands feel like that, and a little swollen, when I haven't had much salt.

My last pg I monitored and restricted my salt intake, and ended up almost having pre-eclampsia. This pg, at the advice of my midwives, I'm making sure I have an adequate supply everyday and so far not the least little bit of swelling.

Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Ouch! Could you have carpel tunnel? I got it last time I was pregnant and had the same symptoms you just described.

I took my rings off two months ago
:

I just cut my toe ring off a little while back and I feel really dumb for leaving it on for so long. I actually had a callous forming where it rubbed on my toe.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had very mild carpral tunnel syndrome since college - this doesn't feel anything like that.

This is worst in the knuckles, like it's hard to bend my fingers and just in general constantly painful as well.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I totally understand! I took off one ring about a month ago, and had to take the other off for good last week. Now, instead of my fingers getting all tingly only at night when I sleep, they are slightly puffy and tingly even during the day. Random!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I have carpal tunnel which got much, much worse during my pregnancy...

If it's any help... my chiropractor recommended getting some thick rubber bands, putting them over your hand, and then flexing and releasing... he said it really helps, and I have noticed a difference in just the aching which I was feeling all the time and now is much better.

I type tooooooooo much!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, like I said - it's definitely not carpral tunnel, but hey - I'm willing to try anything to make the hands feel better anyhow.

Rubber bands, huh ? Not sure I have any right now, but they have got to be cheap, right ? I'll look for them tonight - we've got to go out to do groceries.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I just thought I'd throw it out as a suggestion... I dunno if what I was feeling what technically carpal tunnel either, but it *does* feel better...

Also maybe I guess ice might help??? Just want you to feel better!

I'm getting more achiness in my ankles and feet lately, especially if I stand up for very long. I dunno how mama's who work standing up do it through pregnancy!!!! My SIL worked at Starbucks through all three of hers, standing all day. No way could I do that!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Ouch! I had that my last pregnancy and it was awful. I know you said yours isn't carpal tunnel but mine was but I also had the knuckles aching and wrists along with the numbness, tingling etc in my hands. I just wanted to say I know how you feel and it is miserable. Hang in there! Mine cleared up right after delivery.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts