Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whaddya know, the woman ended up in the hospital because she didn't feel like she could do it.
i think her attitude had a lot to do with it because from the very beginning (pre-labor), she said she "might" end up in the hospital. also, i can't imagine a camera crew is very conducive to feeling like you can have a baby, you know? i feel like it would make you more self-conscious, which is the last thing you need in labor.

i did like my mw's approach, though! she acted exactly the way we hoped she would when we chose her -- very hands-off, very no-nonsense.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Ugh. A baby story really drives me crazy. I've seen ONE homebirth on there in the 100s of episodes I (used to) watch.

Yeah...I could NOT give birth surrounded by a camera crew. No way.

I'm glad your mw seems great!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
How cool that you got to see her in action at least. My 3 year old likes that show, he watched a water birth and was amazed to finally understand how babies are born so much clearer than me telling him.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Neat!!

I am watching Runway Moms right now. A few of them choose natural and/or homebirths and most are really interested in health and wellbeing. I was actually surprised how many of them do as it's just a small sampling of pregnant models/dancers/actors in New York.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Neat!!

I am watching Runway Moms right now. A few of them choose natural and/or homebirths and most are really interested in health and wellbeing. I was actually surprised how many of them do as it's just a small sampling of pregnant models/dancers/actors in New York.

yes! both times i've seen that show there have been successful homebirths!

i promised myself no "baby story" while pregnant because i want to keep myself in a good, positive headspace. i think this was allowable though because, as you guys say, it's awesome to see joan "in action!" my husband watched it with me and we had a good conversation about labor out of it too!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Baby Story always re-affirms my natural birthing values....most of the stories make me so sad for the beautiful birth that was lost (and the parents usually don't even know what they're missing).

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
wow - that is cool. Yeah a lot of them do end with medication, but there are a few here and there that don't. I like watching the ones where the ladies are having a water birth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.