Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just bought calgon because i think we have hard water. so he did 1 wash with nothing. then 2nd wash with 1/4 cup calgon and detergent. then he added 1/4 cup to last rinse. which apparently he wasnt suppose to do now my diapers feel all stiff. what can i do? should i wash them again. with detergent? or with out detergent? Please help me i hope i didnt ruin the diapers

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
you didn't ruin them, and the calgon will wash out in this next wash (I see by the other thread that they are in the wash again) You may notice more suds than usual, which is good, just keep running them through hot rinses until there are no suds (which is basically a strip wash anyway) They should be fine after that. I use calgon at least once every other week, about a half capful added to the first wash cycle, then 2 hot rinses, more if I still have suds.<br><br>
hth

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi<br>
he did the wash with cold and with a bit detergent. and we have to pay for every wash so we cant do just rinses. so i hope that works out.

·
Registered
302 Posts
my washer doesnt have the option for just rinses, so I would just run them through a complete cycle with nothing in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts