Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let me preface this by saying that my mother is visiting and caring for Andrew in the event that he wakes up, I'm not a naughty mommy!!

So we planned to go out tonight for my first offical night out since Andrew was born. We were just going to go to a bar up the street and have a few drinks sans baby(he's 5 months old). Well, Andrew developed a fever this afternoon so I couldn't in good conscience go out drinking. So my mom said, go to the basement (DH's playroom) and act like you're out and have fun! There's plenty of milk in the freezer!! So we did, and I've had a whole 2 drinks (you know what 2 drinks can do to a woman who hasn't drunk since last May!!) and I'm listening to Rhianna and shaking my groove thang, feeling good and Sean is IN BED!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I was out dancing with some girlfriends, it's funny though because this is the first time since before I was pregnant that I really wanted to go out and have a few drinks, I'm not a huge drinker. Oh well, my day will come again, I'm only 28. I just had a kid, I didn't die

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
LOL Glad you had a good time even if your dh pooped out on you. It really does help to go do something and take a break from being Mom for a bit.

I'm not a drinker but I am really enjoying having a bit of social time now that ds prefers to hang out with dad when dh is home on weekends. We all have to remember we are not only mom & wife; you are still you, and do what you need to refuel sometimes!!

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I remember my 1st drink with my 1st babay. DH and I went to Epcot and I had a Fiesta margarita in "Mexico" We went to FLA to visit my mom but I spent almost the whole time pumping so DD could stay with her. Cheers!!

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
Can you plan a Mom's Night Out with friends? You wanted to be out dancing with your friends. Do It!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.