Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay mothers I have a question. I have a about to be 3 toddler boy he is my first born and is hard to handle. He is not interested in anything, and is always running. does not like to sit for and periods of time. Iv tried engaging him in different activities but can not keep his attention for more than a few minutes. Iv tried cartoons none interest him. Iv tried coloring, painting, building block but he will not sit still long enough to do any of it. He hardly will listen to me and I understand terrible 2s but it has gotten bad. If he gets disciplined for something he has done he will be fine but about 10 minutes later he is back to doing it again. he has tantrums which I understand comes with the terrible 2s but he screams and tries to hit me on the arm and just will not listen till he has to go to his room for timeout. He has a 1 year old sister who is now taking after him with the screams and hitting and tantrums. I just don't know what to do any more any helpful advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Id tell you to enforce consequences, it seems you already are. Something i'd advise you to listen to is this podcast by Joel Wolfe. Its called The Joel Wolfe Podcast: Courage in Chaos. You can find it on iTunes or Spotify or youtube

1 - 3 of 3 Posts