Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's stbx summer time
. They will be with him until August 2nd. Thank goodness I get them for his visitations while they are gone. Every Wednesday overnight and every other weekend, plus I get the 4th

The only problem is with DD visitation. He wants to keep her for 3-4 days at a time. He thinks she is weaned and that I am using BF as an excuse to keep her from him
: . This from a father who just kept her for his entire weekend visitation 2 weeks ago. It's ordered that I get her for 4 hours on his Saturdays. This has been the case since November. He would just keep her Friday or Saturday night, but never both nights until 2 weeks ago. Guess that coincided with his seeking custody. Anyhoo, I left a message with my lawyer and have not heard back from her yet.

Since my kiddos left at 4pm, I have done
3 loads of laundry washed, dried, folded, put away
mopped the floor
picked up clutter
cried myself to sleep for a nap

washed dishes
called my kiddos

took a bath with the works: shampoo, shave, mud mask, soak
made a batch of beef and broccoli
and am now hangin out here

Don't know what I am going to do with myself for the next 37 days!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Hugs Freebird!!! Sounds like you are off to a good start....I know those long visits are in my future as well and trying to think ahead to fun things to do. But I guess I'll probably not want to take any time off to save vacation time for my kids. Some of my dreams:
Whitewater rafting trips
Traveling to other countries
Getting lots of knitting done
Watching any movie any time I want
reading books without feeling guilty about neglecting my kids

How old is your dd? My divorce is happening in WI, where stbx lives and we moved from, but I'd like to get it "domesticated" in FL as soon as its done. How sympathetic are the FL courts to bfeeding moms? And what area are you in? Hope you don't mind me picking your brain...it's such a distressing process.

Keep your chin up and your schedule busy!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts

That's a long time. It must feel really strange to be "kidless." I'm glad that you at least get to see them while they're with him. My poor nephew has been very stressed for at least a month because he has to go stay with his dad for the month of July. It just isn't fair to the kids sometimes.

I hope things go well. I think it's great if you can keep busy and also do some real pampering for yourself when you can. I know it helps me to focus on me and rejuvenating myself when the kids are away.....then we are all happier when we get back together!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the NE, near Jacksonville. My DD is 16 months. I don't think that the judge I had was sympathetic to the fact that I BF and had not been apart from my DD for more than a few hours. She was 9 months and he ordered overnights every Wednesday 6p-3p Thursday. For stbx's every other weekend visitation (Friday 6p-Sunday 6p), I am allowed 4 hours on Saturday to be with her. Basically, it stinks! Stbx has only kept her once for his entire weekend, so that has made it a bit better. My judge was a man if that matters. Also, in the middle of the emergency hearing, he asked if we couldn't just work it out. WTF?!? Work it out with the man that has kept my oldest DS from me for 2 weeks? Work it out with verbal and emotional abusive, DUI convicted, pain pill popping mental case. Guess you know what my answer was
!

Anyhoo, I think it all comes down to the judge you have, because try as I might I have not been able to find any "set" guidelines for BF and visitation or for even infants and toddler visitations. The standard guidelines I was given pertain to school age children.

Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
I totally agree that it depends on the Judge you get. I can't believe at 9 months she had to stay overnight
: I had a very pro-breastfeeding (his wife bf all 5 of their kiddos) Judge and got it down to 1 hour visits at first. After 3 weeks it goes to 2 hours and after another 3 weeks it goes to 4 hours. When he's a year old (October) it should go to overnights (one night a week) but I plan to fight it and see if I can get overnights delayed more. I haven't found any guidelines for infants/toddlers either.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Freebird, hugs for what you've gone to fighting for the best thing for your daughter!! I can't believe a judge would order that...and I'm constantly trying to prepare my family for the worst by sharing these experiences of disgusting judicial rulings with them. I guess it's lucky for me in some ways that stbx isn't interested in his newborn at all...she's three months now and I hope that she doesn't have to go with him much until she's at least two, and her sister will be almost five, so at least they'll have each other.

I'm in the St. Petersburg area, but my divorce is happening in WI and I feel very disconnected. I'm also really doubting my lawyers devotion to my side...sometimes he says something like "Well you did marry the guy you have to give in to him some" not taking into account that guy married me and managed to run off with some other woman while I was pregnant. I really wish I could get it changed to here so I could interview other lawyers in person (had to hire mine over the phone and 38.5 weeks pregnant).

Jacksonville's a nice area, if we venture up there I'd love to get in touch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts