Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered some kissaluvs thinking I would love them. DD can only wear them for about one pee before it is leaking out and running everywhere. I am wondering if today (first day I've used them) was just a heavy pee day. How do these work for you guys? I am using a cover and that just gets soaked too.

?????
Thanks
Allison

DD is almost 4 months and about 17 lbs. I have both size one and two kissaluvs and it does this with both sizes.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Kissaluvs are cut quite low in the front, so I think they have less absorption for that area overall. You are using a cover? Or are you just dismayed that they leak through without one?

I liked my Kissaluvs, I have mainly girls and never used them with my son--I did sometimes use doublers with them and since the Kissaluvs are so nice and soft, I got the KIssaluvs doublers too.

I must say, though, that even with the girls, these can droop extremely low in the front and I think they would not work for some body types.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They leak right through the cover and everything. This cover does not leak when my other fitteds are wet just the kissaluvs. I am sooooo bummed as these have to work, I have no more to spend on CDers right now.

Allison

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wait! Don't dis the dipes yet!

How new are they? Kissaluvs need to be washed in very hot water 3-5 times to remove all the oils from the cotton. Their cotton is unbleached (the oils are removed from most cotton during the bleaching process). Urine will run off them like water from a duck's back until they've been washed many times.

Could be that KL's won't work for you, but that's a very common thing to happen when you first get them if the person you got them from didn't warn you to wash the oils out first.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone,
I have washed them at least 5 times prob more like 7 or 8. They are really absorbent I think DD just has the largest pees ever. One pee and the entire diaper from front to back is soaked with urine and then it starts to drip out of the cover. I am going to try putting some doublers in there and see if that helps.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I always add a washcloth or two and that helps a ton. (you can get regular big washcloths for three dollars and something for 18 washcloths and walmart, the reason I go there) And they work great for adding some absorbency.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Least absorbent diaper I ever tried. It didn't surprise me since the front was so thin, and all the bulk of the fabric was in the butt. My boys would leak through without soaking the whole diaper, just the front. I was able to sell mine fairly easily, though.

Lex

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Kissaluvs are my favorite coverless around the house diaper. My 1 1/2yo DS wore them all last summer. I only expected them to last for one pee, then I would change him. When going out of the house, I think doublers are in order. Kissaluvs super soaker doublers are really good. Their booster doublers are too thin imo. I agree with the pp who said washcloths work fine too. I have also used those thin, gauzey, gerber birdseye cotton prefolds folded into eighths as doublers (not the puffy ones with fiberfill in the middle).

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
This isn't my thread, but thanks for the info. The Kissaluvs outlet store is opening tomorrow and I was just coming here to see if buying any of these diapers is worth it!

Have you guys used their wipes at all? Or the diaper lotion potion?

Shannon

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwill129
This isn't my thread, but thanks for the info. The Kissaluvs outlet store is opening tomorrow and I was just coming here to see if buying any of these diapers is worth it!

Have you guys used their wipes at all? Or the diaper lotion potion?

Shannon
I have used both and liked both. The DLP smells really good. When DS is rashy he says it hurts though, so it is not the gentlest stuff in the world.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
i love their wipes!

i haven't had this problem (leaking) w/ my dipes but they are super low cut and i would think that might contribute depending on build, boy vs. girl, etc.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeldasMom
Kissaluvs are my favorite coverless around the house diaper. I only expected them to last for one pee, then I would change him. When going out of the house, I think doublers are in order.
Agreed - when we're home, I change M with every tinkle. Only when we're out and about do I expect the dipe to hold up for more than 1 tinkle.

So... KLs worked really well for us in the beginning. That said, I shifted over to infant sized prefolds at probably 8 weeks old. I used the jelly roll fold to keep all the poopies in. Sold off the KLs on the TP here with no problem.

no experience with their wipes or diaper potion lotion

·
Registered
663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellBelle76
I used the jelly roll fold to keep all the poopies in.

What is the "jelly roll fold"? I'm intreagued!!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Our DS is 11 months old and we've used Kissaluvs 0,1, and 2 probably 90% of the time. We have never had pee leak out, ever. We usually change him every 2 or 3 hours and the dipes definitely hold more than one pee. What kind of covers do you use? Maybe that's part of your problem?? We use bummis or proraps mostly and they work very well. At night we use polar babies fleece doublers and they work great overnight!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtnsunshinemama
Our DS is 11 months old and we've used Kissaluvs 0,1, and 2 probably 90% of the time. We have never had pee leak out, ever. We usually change him every 2 or 3 hours and the dipes definitely hold more than one pee. What kind of covers do you use? Maybe that's part of your problem?? We use bummis or proraps mostly and they work very well. At night we use polar babies fleece doublers and they work great overnight!
This is a good point. I had plenty of times when they got saturated, but still didn't leak. I'm sorrry yours leaked OP!!!

·
Registered
832 Posts
My Kissaluvs are well washed (first thing I do when I get new diapers is wash them a whole bunch of times). This is my third cloth diapered baby. They worked VERY well for my older two. I loved them, raved over them, and thought everyone should use them. I still love them (they are so darn cute!) but they simply don't work for my newest little guy. Poop stays in, but one pee saturates them. In letting him go diaperless I have seen just how much and strong a stream of urine he makes. He's a power pee-er. Combined with Bummis (my favorite combo for my older two) he leaks terribly (the binding at the legs wicks). Combined with a Bumkins cover the pee stays in so at least the Kissaluvs are usable.

Many people find Kissaluvs size 1 and 2 aren't very absorbent.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts