YAY! Sending good thoughts your way! So excited for you!! :love

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Woop! Go baby, go!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yay! you have probably already met your baby by now! if not, you are super close. :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
:heartbeat

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Wow. I'm so exhausted as I type this. My beautiful 8lb 2oz boy. Born at 7:24 pm after 11 hours of labor and 15 minutes of hardcore pushing. This is Liam Christopher.

That was the single most rewarding and exhausting experience of my life. I can't believe how quickly it all happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
Congrats mama! He is adorable. Can't wait to hear more details after you get some rest. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Oh, he is just so beautiful, Brenna! Congratulations on a job well done. How wonderful!

Reactions: forestlover75

·
Registered
360 Posts
Pure sweetness.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Congrats! He's precious.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Congrats! I'm so glad I checked on here before getting to bed for the night. He is adorable and worth all the waiting and hard work. Good job, momma!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Thank you ladies! I'm in love. It's been hard though. Breastfeeding is tougher than I imagined but we're getting a hang of it!

So while I have a moment of down time I'll tell you his birth story.

I didn't sleep a wink on Friday night. I was feeling way too excited/anxious/thrilled to sleep. So I stayed up and rubbed my belly and soaked up my last few pregnant hours. At around 4:30 am I got up and took a bath, did my hair and makeup, gathered last minute things for the hospital, etc. I woke William up at 5:30, called L&D to make sure a room was still available, and we were eventually on our way! We got put in our delivery room around 6:45, I met my nurses, got started on antibiotics, and patiently waited for the midwives orders. They started 2ml/hr of pitocin at around 8:20. As I started feeling the contractions I tried moving around, bouncing on the birth ball, and changing positions but I kept losing the baby's heart rate reading and that made me nervous because I wanted to make sure he was handling the pit well. They upped my dosage every half hour and eventually the contractions started to suck. I didn't want to wait for them to become miserable (I was bed ridden at this point) so I asked for the epidural and I got it at around noon. It felt weird but much better than the contractions and I was able to rest a little. My midwife checked me and I had gone from a 3 to a 5 in about 4 hours. She broke my water and Liam didn't like that at all. He started to decel and I had to have an oxygen mask for a little bit. They put an internal heart rate monitor on him and things calmed down. After that I started making good progress. At 3 I was 7cm 90% effaced baby was still at -2 station. Then around 6 I started feeling pressure the nurse checked me and I was fully dilated! Liam was moving down but my midwife was delivering another baby so we waited for her to come and let Liam moved further down in the mean time. I was so excited to meet him! At close to 7:10 I started pushing and it was great because I could feel the urge but wasnt in any pain. My midwife told me I was a really strong pusher, but I was just so motivated. At 7:24 pm he slid out of me screaming! I cried the second he came out, it was incredible. Since he had a good amount of meconium in his water, they took him to get suctioned right away. He was in my arms a couple of minutes later! I had a second degree tear and a labia tear I think the midwife called it that. It took her a while to stitch me up. I felt zero pain while pushing but boy am I hurting now!

So that's my lazily typed (with one hand) birth story. It's the best I can do at the moment. I'm falling asleep as I type.

Reactions: honeybunmom

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Oh, he is so adorable! :love Look at those long, elegant fingers and long nails, even!

You are the picture of after-birth-bliss lying next to Liam! So relieved! Great birth story ~ it sounds like you enjoyed the experience and you have a perfect baby boy to show for it, what more can you ask? :love

Congratulations....MAMA!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Wow, Bren. He looks just like you. Your story sounds a lot like my first birth (without the pitocin, though). My first took 12 hours and not much pushing and he was out. I'm so happy for you. Ride that birth high for the next couple weeks! :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Congratulations, Bren! He is so handsome! And I noticed his long fingernails, too! Such a sweetie!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Congratulations! He's beautiful!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts