Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Mine was too, although my job was taking care of another toddler in my home, so the only thing that's going to change is that until the baby comes I can use a single stroller
And nap when my dd does (not that she does very often...but at least now if she does, I can too)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I am finished work too -- and am looking forward to getting the last few things done around the house. The house has backslid as I 'hab a code' and am feeling rotten. I have a list, though, and so over the next few days I want to get the house tidy and organized. I don't think the baby is coming quite yet so I think I have time. I *hope* I have time, anyways.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ditto here too (though I did bring a small pile of work home with me to complete this week) and I, too, have a toddler at home. Regardless, it feels good to have that chapter closed for a while and be able to more fully prepare for this baby! We're all getting so close! This is so exciting!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Enjoy your weeks at home getting things prepared! With DH staying home we need my paycheck for as long as possible so I'll keep up with work until the end. I think I'm going to try nesting at work, but office looks awful. I need to pitch a bunch of stuff.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Friday was my last day of work too. I was pretty sad that it went off so unceremoniously. I cared for my husband's grandparents for just about every moment for the past year and there were more downs than ups. I had to be the one in control and the one who figured out what to do for most of the situations. I was the one with the baby monitor every night and never really fell all the way asleep. I guess I just hoped that it got noticed, but not so much. To be fair, the grandpa was wonderful and he cried and hugged me. He and I had been through a lot together. There were times when his dementia was so severe he couldn't figure out how to go to the bathroom and times when his physical health was so bad everyone was sure he would die and I slept in a chair (even through the pregancy sickness) when he was in the hospital. I leave him coherent, well-nourished, clean and pretty much aware who all the major family members are. He and I know I did a good job and we really love each other. I'm happy that I'll get to be a fully there mom now.
Quitting this job also means that we had to move out, so now, even though I sit in a chaos of boxes, I'm pretty excited that I get to start a whole new 'nest' from scratch. I just hope this baby stays put until I've unpacked!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I can finally say that I'm done with work. Thursday was my last day, and I was up doing laundry and organizing the tupperware
before I even went in.

I'd love to have a week or so to nest and rest, but with the way I'm feeling...who knows.

This last week I got a lot of, "you're still here?!" But then when I was letting people know it was my last day, I received some, "really? why?"

Now to get my house together...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.