Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share that I've been on these 2x/day since O and last night I did the last one. I am SO HAPPY! No more waxy goo! Maybe this yeasty feeling will go away!

And I'm a bit nervous. It seems odd that you just all of the sudden stop taking them. But I suppose I will have to trust that by 14 weeks the placenta can handle prog production on its own! I had an u/s last week and my little one was waving and moving around, so I know all is well.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Congrats on not having to do the suppositories anymore! How awesome to get to see the babe wiggling around and showing off that it is ok.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
yippee!!! i've used those suppositories & know how annoying & icky-gooey they can be. and....i have 2 beautiful children to show for it so have confidence that your body is ready to take over! all will be well....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Congrats! I have been off mine for... hmmm.... about 4 weeks now! And it's great!

I found that while I was on them sex was painful and horrible, I felt like I had a constant low grade yeast infection, and they were just such a nuisance... like I'd be almost asleep and then I'd realize I hadn't taken my progesterone, so up I'd get to INSERT!

However, it was worth every grusome waxy little missile when I saw my third child, and first DAUGHTER squirming away on the ultrasound yesterday. Life is miraculous, progesterone is worth the trouble.

Enjoy your new, substantially less messy life~!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. It's great to hear others have had similar annoyances with them but that they are WORTH IT! Maybe someday they will figure why the heck they work and why some of us seem to need them!

I feel so much better since I'm off them, less yucky tummy feelings. Weird.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts