Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having the hardest time getting DD to eat vegetables. All she will eat is meat and bread right now. Sometimes I can get her to eat certain beans(likeporknbeans)but that's about it. Everyone is telling me to MAKE her eat but that not possible. She won't even open her mouth if I try to feed her soemthing she doesn't like that. How can I get my little carnivour to eat sometng besides meat and bread?

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
LOL! I have a carnivore also. My 3 yo. wakes up in the morning and asks for "Meat, please, mama!" Its so strange. Dh is a vegetarian. I generally cook vegetarian and sometimes make chicken on the side for the rest of us. My older son refuses to eat any meat. And suddenly we have this little guy who *only* wants meat!<br><br>
Have you tried fruit? Plums are a good source of iron and vitamins. As are bluberries.<br><br>
I've also found that ds will eat broccoli if I cut the "flower" part off and give him only that.<br><br>
Frozen peas are a big hit -- bigger hit than warm ones anyway.<br><br>
Good luck -- I wouldn't stress too much right now. How old is she?

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She just turned 2. She loves most fruit I can get her to eat that with no problem. Apples, blueberries,pears, kiwi, etc. She just won't eat any vegetables or rice, macoroni(she will eat noodles). I'm just worried about the veggies. So is this a phase?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
With toddlers, isn't everything a phase???<br>
lol<br><br>
I would just always offer a variety and let her pick. Most likely she will get bored and try some other stuff eventually! You caould also try hiding veggies in ther stuff, like veg in beef stew, or cassaroles with meat, rice and veggies, etc.<br><br>
hth! and hang in there!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the vegetables if she's willing to eat fruit. I think fruits have basically the same nutrients as veg., just more sugar. You're right, you can't *make* a toddler eat something she doesn't want to. She'll likely come around eventually.<br><br>
peace, Beth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts