Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!
I am starting to really lose my sanity...LOL

DD (8 wks) has only slept about 2 hours since 10 this morning. Even that was not at one time.

She will not fall asleep on her own, take a pacifier, or fall asleep without my nipple in her mouth. Then, even after she does fall asleep, if I remove my nipple from her mouth, she is awake within a half hour.

I know I can't expect her to go very long between feedings, or expect her to sleep for long stretches but this is so difficult. I don't get anything else done. So far she has nursed 11 times and pumped for 20 min. in the last 15 hours.

I am returning to work next week and not only am i worried my dcp will quit, I can't even put her down long enough to pump any milk for just the first day. I pumped a whopping 1/2 oz.

I need help!

christi

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

I have been there and if its any consolation, this will pass soon! It sounds to me like your babe is going through a growth spurt. Make sure she is getting the hind milk though. feed her on one side as long as possible, burp and then put her back on the same side to make sure she gets all the fatty part of the milk to keep her satisfied longer.
growth spurts and frequent feedings can be tough. hang in there. it won't always be this way.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm so sorry.
Insomnia, caring for a newborn, and going back to work are all difficult things, especially when it's all at once.

Do you have a sling or other type of carrier? Good naps promote good night time sleep. My babies always slept well in a sling. I carried them in a sling as I went about my day, and they napped a lot. Might be worth a try. Then when she wakes and is ready to nurse, you're right there, and maybe she'll go back to sleep.
My DD still is not the best night time sleeper, and I so remember what you're going thru. It does get better.

·
Registered
444 Posts
LOL! Mine's having her 6 week growth spurt right now and OMG - last night she was attached all night, I think! I have learned how to nurse her laying down, so she was on and off my boob all night. But every time I woke up she was on it!

She's in the sling right now and waking up for more. My milk supply hasn't caught up yet and she is so frustrated and fussy today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts