Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8,274 Posts
Can you hire the midwife and have her bill the birth cost in with the prenatal care so technically they are just paying prenatal care and not for the homebirth. Or is there an out of network coverage? I dont have maternity coverage at all so I have to pay for the whole thing too but I got a pretty good deal I think, 2400. Alot of midwives have a cash discount if you pay in cash and they are pretty flexible with payment options.

· Registered
8,274 Posts
Hopefully something comes of it and you can still use her.

I know what you mean about finances though, when I had my son in 2002, we had alot of debt and I couldnt swing the homebirth cost. My HMO paid for the birth then and I only had to pay $10 dollars for the ENTIRE pregnancy (OB-hospital.) I just couldnt justify adding more debt when it could be $10, ykwim? We are now debt free (except our house) so that puts us in a different position this time. Plus my hospital sucked and I WILL NOT return (and I dont have maternity coverage anyways, so homebirth is cheaper for me by ALOT.) But I totally understand that it's hard to swing it sometimes. I hope something works out for you!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.