Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a funny story, my 3 year old DS nursed up until my milk went away from the pregnancy. He's been asking for "nah-nahs" ever since. Sometimes when he needs comfort, he asks to snuggle up to them.

Well he squeezed one and milk came shooting out! I think he forgot that there used to be milk in there because the look on his face was priceless! I asked him if he wanted some milk and he promptly turned me down with a confused look on his face!

Amazing how soon they forget.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Ha! It's so true. My three-year-old nursed until about the second or third month of this pregnancy, and still likes to cuddle with the nursies and touch a mole on my chest (I thought this would drive me nuts, but it's so much better than nursing through pregnancy, which I did last time, that I don't mind at all). He asked me the other day if the milk would come out of the mole when the new baby nurses. I suppose it's been a long time, for him, and how can he remember exactly where he used to suck?
twins.gif

·
Registered
633 Posts
DS is delighting the return of colostrum, too. We were showering the other day and he pointed to my breasts and shouted, "Yay! Milk in the gigis!" I lost milk at around 16 weeks during this pregnancy, but he has continued to "nurse" 3-5 times a day. There is definately an increased interest now with requests up to 8-10 times a day.
fly-by-nursing1.gif

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I'm thinking it is colostrum that I have, not real milk yet.

It's kind of yellowy/milky looking, but thicker.. so it has to be colostrum!

I had a nice nap today and had a wonderful dream about tandem nursing. I know my DS doesn't want to nurse again. I've let him try, but he forgot how to.

In a way, I'm relieved. My DS is very needy and was nursing almost non stop - so I sure could use the break until the new baby comes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.