Mothering Forum banner

My mom is buying me a Baby Trekker, opinions?

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Naturalmomma 
I have one that I've never really used. I got the XL size for my husband so that he could use it as a backpack on Tuesday nights when I went to choir practice. However, he needed help getting it on, so he only used it once. I decided to use it, but I could not get her on in the back position by myself. I tried the laying the baby in the Trekker on the bed, but it just didn't work and one of the D rings came off that time. I need to take one of the other ones off and relocate it to the position where the one came off, but I wasn't sure how secure it would be. I think it was too late to send it back at that point, so I kept it thinking I might use it in the front carry position for my next baby.

Right now the sling is working really well in the front carry position, so I don't feel the need to break out the Trekker. I took it to a regional LLL conference so a friend could try it, but she didn't like it as she felt it was just too bulky. But that could be because we have the XL size which has longer D ring straps.

I think about using the Baby Trekker right now just because right now I'm using a sling but I do notice that my right mid-back muscles starts to feel a little achey after several hours of this. I could switch the sling to the other shoulder, but it only feels right on the right shoulder.

I've tried the Baby Bundler sling which goes over both shoulders, but I am too big for it and couldn't get the knots tied as there wasn't enough material leftover.

Quote:
Originally posted by chellemarie
So if I'm a size 18/20, should I get the larger size or no? Hmm.
I don't think you would need to. I find that the larger size has way more sizing options than I would need, and I was about a 22/24 when I got mine. I got it so big because my husband was big and he had a wide chest, so I figured we could use the bigger one because of him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.