Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 26mo DS who has coslept (in our bed) since day 1. we are now expecting #2 (not due until December, so we have plenty of time) and we're going to try to transition DS to his crib, in our room.

There isn't enough room in our room for another actual bed, but there is enough room for the crib. so the crib will go either next to me or on the other side of the room...and then #2 will be in our bed.

DS is used to sleeping in his crib for naps and when he first goes to sleep (we get him when we go to bed, and put him with us) so we're hoping that we'll just start out as usual and then not put him in bed with us when we go to sleep...when he wakes up we'll probably put him in with us for a while or try to get him down and then put him back in the crib...we're not sure.

if we had more room i'd love to have both kids with us in bed, but i don't think there's enough room to do it comfortably...anyway...wish us luck!!

· Registered
636 Posts
Can you put a twin matress on the floor in the room with you? Or even the crib mattress? Seems like the crib rails might feel isolating.

DD slept on her own until ds was about 5 months old. We ended up putting the king on the floor and putting a twin next to it. The thought was dd would sleep on the twin. She quickly informed her daddy that that was HIS spot!!

Now they are 2.5 and almost 5. We've upgraded the twin to a queen and it works wonderfully!

Good luck whatever you decide to do!

· Registered
6,552 Posts
Good luck! I had big plans for #2, too . . .somehow I thought I'd "made" DD1 sleep a certain way (poorly until the age of 3). Nope! My plans went out the window!

We have a FULL so poor DH sleeps with DD2 on the TWIN while I sleep with the newborn on the full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.