Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't bother me that she snores, but DH is a light sleeper and it keeps waking him up, to the point that several times he's resorted to going downstairs and sleeping on the couch!<br><br>
Any suggestions to make it stop? Simply moving her or changing her position doesn't work. DH thinks I should take her to the ped and have them thoroughly irrigate her nose. She hates even having it aspirated a little bit, I don't think that's such a great idea, and would only be a temporary fix anyway.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
I swear my roof is going to fly off one of these days because Dh snores LOUDLY, all 3 girls snore - thankfully not quite as loudly - even the dog snores! No wonder mommy is constantly exhausted :LOL<br><br>
If changing position doesn't help, you may want to talk to a ped about it just to get some input. With mine, they usually stop once they are moved to their side rather than their back. Elevating their heads also helps. Maybe your dd has allergies? The ped could check into that as well. Or your dh could just do what I do, invest in a good pair of earplugs :LOL

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Watch closely, maybe have her adenoids and tonsils looked at. Ds was born a snorer and it turned into sleep apnea. It got so bad that we had to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. If its not too bad I think they make breath right strips for kids. If she stops breathing in her sleep though, definatly get it checked.

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I guess we'd know it if she stopped breathing in her sleep...<br><br>
I'm going to bring it up with pediatrician at 15mo. checkup in Jan. In the mean time...I'm going to go look for some of those kiddy breathe right strips!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts