Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS will be one on the 31st! I can't believe I have made it through all of the hard times of nursing to actually enjoying it. My DS however, seems to nurse less and less..is this normal at one? He eats plenty and I nurse whenever he wants it, but yesterday he nursed when he got up at 0900(ahhh, that cuddly, waking up nursing
: ) then did not nurse again until 1830. He nursed for all of 5 minutes if that and then wanted down to play. He still LOVES he sleepy nursings though
Whenever he takes a nap (maybe once a day) and then at night. We co-sleep too, so he has lots of access. He nurses maybe once or twice at night, which comparably to many of the kids on here, is not much? Should I worry or just continue to let him take the lead? TIA!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds a lot like my dd - she's just started walking and I think it's because she's just so busy and preoccupied. She'll only nurse during the day if I take her into the bedroom and darken everything like she's going to have a nap, so I usually take her there for an extra morning and afternoon session (she naps once around noon) to make sure she's getting enough milk and to keep my supply up. If we're anywhere else, she'll have a few sucks, get distracted by something and waddle off to investigate!
I don't think you need to worry about it, just make sure you're offering it regularly so she knows it's available.
Also, I'm working on teaching her a sign for nursing at the moment so that she can communicate to me more easily when she would like to nurse.

HTH,
Jess

1 - 2 of 2 Posts