Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a while ago... probably 5 months or so, I bought an el bee fitted. Size large, with side walls, and the fabric was thinning a bit. My boy has a small butt and it was way big on him. I was not impressed.
Then I heard a couple people say that the ones without sidewalls have a better fit, so I was intrested in trying one agian. This time I got a medium in exalent condition, with no sidewalls.
I am so incredibly impressed! Now I know why el bee is such a hyena dipe! The fit is exalet! Really, it's perfect! So, now I have 5 more in the mail :LOL
I tryed to take some pics, but you know how hard it is to get a 2yr old to stand still lol
here is my El Bee picture album

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Cute pictures. Elbees are the only diaper I wish I had never sold. The Peekaboo photo reminded me of my DD, she loves to get into that position.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
perfect fit and very pretty boy! My son is about your son's size and also wears a medium very, very well. In fact, our whole stash is 28 medium el bee fitteds and we're very, very happy with it!!!! (Well, I think we have 3 kiwi pie contour diapers and 5 fuzbaby fitteds besides that, that don't get used as much, but other than that, pretty much just el bees!)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Butterflymom
In fact, our whole stash is 28 medium el bee fitteds and we're very, very happy with it!!!!
Wow! I've never been one to have a uniform stash... but if they were all elbees I think I'd be pretty happy too!
(I'd probably miss my LCs though.)
here is my stash- diapers and covers
That's everything except the 5 elbees in the mail. And I just sold the LCNLs, so that pic won't be there long. Plus, for the covers, I'm planning on making my son a soaker (with coffee and cream BFL dyed by Nada) and 1 or 2 more pairs of longies. (one of which will be made with Cascade eco+ in Kiwi)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrfath
Elbees are the only diaper I wish I had never sold.
the only dipes I sold and regreted selling were my fussybutts. I had 3. They were really hard to get ahold of. They sold like hotcakes and now I miss them

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Looks great! I love ElBees and have been lucky to be a part of every incarnation of them between my two kids.

But my baby was in LARGES at 5 mos! Even the ML's didn't work around her anymore! I bet her shape chages when she's mobile...wonder if I'll have to pull those ML's out again.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I loved Elbees for awhile. Thie fit is really awesome. But two things made me sell off all of mine...

#1. Too boring. I like my print diapers. Much more exciting.
#2. Their life span is so short. I had some practically new Elbees that were already showing signs of wear after only a few months. I, personally, like my diapers to last longer than that.

I do still miss my Elbees sometimes, though. The fit is to die for.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I love the fit too! Cute pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy2noah
#2. Their life span is so short. I had some practically new Elbees that were already showing signs of wear after only a few months. I, personally, like my diapers to last longer than that.
I had troubles with our older elbees and major binding hole issues. I gotta say though, we have some new style ones with the new binding and I haven't had any holes at all. We've been using them for about 5 months.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarwoman
I had troubles with our older elbees and major binding hole issues. I gotta say though, we have some new style ones with the new binding and I haven't had any holes at all. We've been using them for about 5 months.

(fingers in ears) La la la la la! I'm not listening! LOL!!

Nah, J/K!! The last thing I need is another addiction, but it is good to know that improvememnts have been made.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
what a cutie!

another big fan of the el bee fit here. we have M's and they're perfect - all acquired used and all sporting various degrees of binding holes. But so what - they work and they fit great and that's what matters.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Oh he is too cute! That Elbee is a perfect fit on him!

I was in love with Elbees all this winter. They fit Kai so perfect, it's pretty much all we used. But now the fit is awful and she gets this horrible poofy crotch thing happening so I am selling them all

And like Heather I found myself get bored of them. I much prefer my Fussybutts!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.