Mothering Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not having a lot of pregnancy symptoms yet but all of my elastic-waist pants are suddenly tighter! Woo hoo!! Anyone else? I think I'm about four weeks today. During my second pregnancy, I started showing really early.

·
Registered
177 Posts
oh yeah - i put on a pair of shorts yesterday and had to get out a rubberband already.
: last time i didn't show FOREVER! i was about 6 months pregnant before you could REALLY tell without looking too closely.

they say you pop out sooner the second time, but geez louise!! i'm only 6 weeks!! :LOL

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
My clothes are DEFINATELY tighter. I am going to be in maternity clothes by the end of this week, I know it. I have a skirt that I bought 4 weeks ago. It was loose on me, I could pull it up and down without unzipping it. Now I can't do it up at all. I couldn't even use an elastic because there is a good 3-4 inches between the closures! I have one pair of jean shorts that were my fat shorts and I have one stretchy waist pair but that's it. I'm going to get my DH to take some belly shots tonight! I was in maternity clothes by 5 weeks with Olivia (#2) and this is #3!

·
Registered
699 Posts
So far everything still fits, but all I really wear is loose, elastic waist capri's and shorts right now anyway. I did just buy some summer maternity tops from ebay because I know I'll need them pretty soon - I'm sure I'll have to get some shorts/pants before too long as well.

I got really big really quick with Noah. And I'm not exactly starting out with a flat stomach, either, LOL! It's just a little embarrassing when people start asking about how far along you are (thinking you must be 6 mos or so) and you have to say "Um...8 weeks."
:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised to find that my tighter clothes are out. Last pregnancy, I was into maternity at 9 weeks, and "fully" into them at about 14 weeks. I was pinning waists for my whole pregnancy.

I'm thinking about goign to Target to stock up on some shorts - they were only $15. I found a ton of shirts at a consignment sale a couple of months ago. I'm so glad I bought early. I may need more, but I got some fabulous deals.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
I just tried on one of my favorite pairs of non maternity shorts, so me and DS could walk to the store, and had them on all of 5 minutes before I had to take them off. I know you get bigger with each PG but this is crazy! Thank goodness a friend is donating all her maternity clothes to me! As it stands all i have is winter maternity clothes and aint no way in heck im walking around in sweats and long sleeved shirts this time of year!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Okay, talk about depressing - I got out my maternity clothes from last time and none of the pants fit.
: I started out a size 8-10 with that pregnancy, but this time I'm wearing mostly 14s. So, ALL the pants are way too tight. Hopefully most of the shirts will fit, though I'll probably outgrow some of them after a few months, plus I don't have ANY summer maternity clothes. My dd was born on this baby's due date, so the seasons are exactly the same, but last time I had no need of summer maternity stuff! Thankfully I have two friends who are donating clothes to me...including some summer stuff...so hopefully some of it will work. I do want to buy one or two cute things, but I don't want to buy a lot of maternity clothes! Luckily we've got some resale shops hopefully to fill in some of the gaps.

Bloatedly yours,
Carol

·
Registered
699 Posts
I had already gotten rid of nearly all of my maternity clothes so I'm starting from scratch again. I've gotten a few summer tops from ebay, but I'm going to need shorts/pants and I have to try those on before I buy them (I'm hard to fit on the bottom half!). The problem is, almost all the maternity bottoms I've seen in stores now have those low-riding belly bands rather than the stretchy front panels. I know with my first 2 pregnancies I couldn't stand to have anything across the lower half of my belly once it started growing (I carry my babies really low, too). So I don't think that kind of waist band is going to work for me! Guess I'll have to keep hunting...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yeah, what the heck is the deal with those new pregnancy pants??? I bought a pair of shorts with one of those bands across the top, and I have no idea how to wear it. I've tried it up, I've tried it down, it just doesn't work for me. My belly fills out the bottom part, below the band, so I try to lower the band and then the butt is saggy, so who knows? Luckily they were only $11 at WalMart, so I'm not out too much cash... Online I saw that Motherhood Maternity has some of the traditional-style belly panels. Thank goodness!

I started out my last pregnancy as a size 12, now I'm a 14 and none of my maternity jeans or shorts are going to fit me this time around!!!
:
I just hope it comes off fast in the first few months of nursing, like last time. Now the trick is NOT gaining it all back as the nursing tapers off! :LOL

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah, I have been wondering about those low-rise pants, too, which they didn't seem to have when I was pg with dd. I also don't like anything under my belly so I don't think I'll like them.

How's this for TMI - I've had to stop wearing underwear the last few days b/c they're all so tight across my belly. Oh, and my usually comfy bras now constrict me in just the place where my indigestion is worst. So not only can I not wear most of my clothes, I can't wear underwear either! Ugh. I dug out my maternity stuff and put the big-old-lady undies in the wash, so at least that'll solve the problem on my bottom half. For my top half
I'm just glad it hasn't been too hot, so I can layer a big shirt over a teeshirt.

Carol

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
With my first pregnancy by breasts felt like they were going to explode at any moment, and the slightest touch was horribly painful. With this pregnancy they are a little sore, but not nearly as bad as I remember... I guess it was the 27 months of breastfeeding that toughened me up! :LOL

Anyway, I found some great lycra bras that don't have any seems or underwire. Same style as a sports bra, but not so constrictive. They are SOOOO comfy and light and breathable. I think I got an X-Large training bra, or something. They also have some in bigger sizes (I got 38D) made by Playtex. Believe me, they are soft and supportive at the same time, the perfect thing for Pregnancy Boobs!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My sil said the low rise pants worked for her in the 1st half of the pg but fell down on her the 2nd half. Good to know. I might get some shorts like that but avoid the pants bc I'll only need the shorts in the beginning.

·
Registered
896 Posts
With the other two pregnancie I was right in the same boat with all of you. Now listening to all of you I am wondering what's up with me. My boobs don't seem bigger, I don't seem to be bloated, the only symptom I seem to have is Nausea. I have taken about 7 different pregnancy tests over the past 2 weeks and they have all been positive. I was a size 6 before my first pregnancy and gained 55 pounds with her and started showing at 8 weeks. A size 12 the beginning of my second pregnancy and started showing by 10 weeks I gained 25 pounds with her. With this one I am still nursing my 10 month old and I've been shedding weight a lot the past few months. Starting at a loose size 9. I just don't feel the same this pregnancy. I was so bloated right away with the last two. It's so weird how each pregnancy is different. I figured with #3 it would be sooner yah know.

Heavenly: Didn't you say that twins were a possibility? When will you know?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Well I am now officially full time in maternity clothes - 5 weeks, 2 days.

I personally don't get a twin feeling but I don't know. Actually I have no gut instincts on this baby. I didn't have any with my son either but with my daughter I knew it was a girl. I am in Ontario and only one ultrasound is covered so unless I start measuring really big or they pick up two heartbeats I won't know for awhile. And I don't know whether or not I will have any ultrasounds so we'll see. My kids say its twins, a boy and a girl. My best friend says one baby (girl) and my DH says one baby (girl). Who knows!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well at 5 weeks today my shorts felt uncomfortably tight after awhile. What is up with that? This did not happen until like week 12 or 13 last time! I knew you were supposed to get big sooner, but 7 weeks sooner? Yikes, I am going to have to get some summer maternity clothes. And I thought I could try and get away with out having to buy more! Probably a good thing, I am about 50 pounds lighter than last time I was pg, I could wear them, but I would swim in them.

At least I know I am not alone in starting to get big so early!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Honeybee - I hear you. I'm quite a bit lighter (thank goodness), and the only thing that might fit is the smaller stuff at the very end of the pregnancy. I did find one pair of shorts that I'd bought while TTC. Ebay, here I come! :LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.