Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMGosh...

I was at a babyshower last night for a young girl at my church. The pastors wife says "So will you be breastfeeding?" and the girl says no
: then the pastors wife says "Oh are you sure!? You'll save so much money and it's so much better for the baby!" and the girl says something about her mom helping and going to school and stuff. And she says "Well you can always do both." or something like that.

Then the grandmother of another new baby in the church was talking about her FF'ed new granddaughter's stomach issues and the pastors wife is holding my friends bf'ed 4 month old baby and says "Awww, Alex, you don't have that problem do you? No! You got that yummy mama's milk and it doesn't hurt your tummy, does it? No. Mama's milk so-oo-oo good!"
(making funny faces at Alex and making him laugh)

I was so proud! She's super supportive of my nursing, tells me all the time I don't have to go in the nursing room if I don't want to, I do because James is too distracted. And points out to people "Look at how Mama's Milk makes 'em grow" to people about my son. She's awesome.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
that's great!

dd's teacher at church knows she is still bf, and though she was surprised, she didn;t seem to be weirded out by it

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's quite a bit older, in her 70's I believe. She said she nursed all her kids past their first birthday except for one that was born severely mentally handicapped. Doctors said she chouldn't bf her.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
YAY! It's always nice to hear a happy story.

DH's grandma BF her kids at least some (I don't think for a year, since that was not the norm) and she's pretty supportive.

DH's mom did NOT BF, but she is extremely supportive, and says she wished she'd had better info when DH was a baby.

The great majority of moms at church BF, and several BF until/beyond one year. One of the FF moms is an adoptive mom, so it's not like she preferred to FF. It's really nice having IRL support for BF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.