Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 month old woke up about 3 am and threw up all over the bed, herself and me. I picked her up to get her off the bed and sit her upright and she threw up all over the floor....

I got her and the bed and myself all cleaned and I'm sure you can guess...she did it again. Poor thing. She doesnt have a fever, but just seems lethargic this morning. She still wanted to nurse after being sick for comfort but then she would just sit up and vomit again.....

We have been up for a few hours and she doesnt want anything to do with her breakfast (understandable) and I am trying to keep her hydrated.

Any suggestions or thoughts on whats happening or how to make her feel better?

Thanks mamas....sorry for all the rambling...I am exhausted!

· Registered
416 Posts
Sounds like a stomach viurs. We have been through this a few times over the past 2.5 years.

Our doc told us that if a baby can keep something down for 15 minutes, it will be at least partially digested. So we always tried to feed DS very small amounts (like nursing for only 1 minute, or drinking 1 ounce of water) and then wait 15 minutes before having more. This helped when he was throwing up everything right after eating/drinking. Sometime we had to do a lot of distraction during those 15 minutes, but it was worth it.

Good luck! It shouldn't last too long!

· Registered
82 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.