Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had dd sit on my lap this morning coverless for about 1 hour. In that time I changed her 4 times which is normal and chabed my clothes twice. Usually I can just feel the warmth plus dampness. This morning she just peed on me, it was running off my lap onto the floor and all
: She had on UBCPF. What should I do to get them to not leak all over my nice pajamas lol
J

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Are they new? UBCPF's need to be stripped of their natural oils first or they won't absorb. I boiled mine for about 5 min and then washed on hot and dried 3 times. Then they were great!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Make sure that you've washed them enough. If you haven't had this problem before and you want to go coverless, I recommend putting a folded soft terrycloth washcloth inside her prefold diaper. The terrycloth will be able to catch the pee before it rolls off the diaper. The cotton is absorbent, but sometimes it doesn't quite 'grab' the liquid fast enough to keep it from rolling off and around the edge of the cotton.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.