Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have this problem? I use mostly FBs with mf inserts and some prefolds and fleece covers. None of these repel. The diapering is great. But, every wipe I own repels the wipe solution, whether I use a spray bottle or a peri bottle it runs right off and usually down my arm. And they are stained badly (but my diapers are NOT stained.) I use a variety of wipes from Target wash clothes (which repel and stain the least) to fancy velour ones from WAHM. What's up with this? Is it because these are in direct contact with my homemade wipe solution? I use a simple solution - distilled water, california baby wash, grapeseed oil, and a few drops of TTO. It startles the baby to spray her directly!<br><br>
I've tried stripping them and I've tried washing them with Dawn to "cut the grease." And they are resistant to sunning out the stains!! So strange.<br><br>
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Maybe you could try a different wipe solution. Maybe it's the amount of something in your solution that's making them repel it.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Hmm....are you shaking the solution really well before you spray it onto the wipe?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Sounds like your using quite a lot of oils. Maybe dropping those from the mix would make your wipe solution more absorbable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts