Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. I am totally selfish and shallow. I admit it freely today.

You may be wondering why........or maybe not.

Anyway, my sister got engaged this weekend!

I am so so so super excited for her. Thrilled. She really deserves this happiness and I think she's got a good guy.

She just got engaged yesterday and I was the first person she called (yay me!)

So, after she told me and the excitement wore down a little bit, guess what I start worrying about?

Well, the date has been set for May 5th, which is almost exactly 4 weeks after my EDD. So, I start worrying about whether or not she's going to ask me to be a part of the wedding and how FAT I'm going to be at that time if she does.
:

Isn't that awful of me? I'm not going to breathe a word of it to her because these next few months are going to be stressful enough for her without having to worry about me, but half of me is dying to be her matron of honor or a bridesmaid and the other half is thinking that I do not want to be immortalized forever in wedding pictures at 4 weeks pp!

Ok. Now you all know me for what I truly am. I'm going to hide under a bag until we all forget about this little confession and can pretend that I am an enlightened, totally unself-conscious woman.

:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Aw, I can totally understand having that thought cross your mind!

You could wear your newborn in a sling at the wedding to a) emphasize that you just had a baby; and b) to cleverly conceal your mama belly.

Anyway, I bet you'll look great 4 weeks postpartum and people will know that you just had a baby.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have the same delima. Only I am not in the wedding. My brother is getting married May 12. My due date is April 13th. I am thinking if Its like last time I'll be a week late. So three weeks later I wont look like I was just pg I'll just look fat and flabby lol.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, yeah. Totally going to be slingin' it! For one thing, I just love wearing my baby and for another, all those strangers with ookie fingers won't be quite so tempted to touch my new baby's face and nose and fingers and stuff. That just chaps my rump. How do I know where your fingers have been?

OTOH, I am so excited to be able to show my baby off.

I'm just thinking about the wedding pictures and how we'll be looking at them down the road (or hanging up in my sisters living room) and I look like a whale!

Either way, I guess this is motivation to begin working out, lightly, again. That way, at least I won't have flabby arms to go with my flabby belly!

Ah, silliness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts