Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to her yesterday about Thanksgiving plans and such. I told her I was changing positions at work because I wanted a job that would be easier for when I got pregnant. She got this almost condecending tone (like she was humoring her kids) and said "Are you still trying?"
Huh? We've been trying since October 4th. How many times can I cycle since then? (sarcasm)
I told her we were charting and she told me I was stressing to hard.
Again...Huh? Didn't she chart? Didn't she practice charting for 4 months before they tried for real. Oh yeah...she got pregnant the first month they tried.
I reminded her that I'm a control freak and I stress and worry when I don't have a plan. I can't handle unaswered questions. Charting is my plan. With my plan I can relax...and I'm 38...she was only 29 when she was TTC. (15years ago)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm so sorry.
That really burns my beans too. My younger sister was like, "You need to relax and stop all that charting stuff". I like to know what's going on with my body and she was 24 when she had her first baby with no issues (not trying and not avoiding) her second when she was 25 (oops baby) and her third at 28 (she actually planned this one). I'm 30. Yes, I know it's not 38, but still, I can relate. I'm starting my fifth cycle and it's been hard for me with moving and all. I'm sorry your sister is not being as supportive as she should be. I believe Piepie brought me back to earth when she said, "It takes longer to make the good ones." So I'm just passing this on.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
How obnoxious! When my mom says for the millionth time "just stop trying and then you will get pg." I feel like i will lose it and say "mom we have been trying for over a year, not thinking about it will not "cure" dhs sperm nor will it unkink my tube!"

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KitttyKat View Post
I hate the term 'stop trying.'
It's stupid. I feel like saying "Ok...we'll play Go Fish and eat popcorn and see if we get a baby that way."
Maybe you should try "strip go fish"...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.