Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,283 Posts
You need to have him evaluated by Early Intervention (EI), call a local hospital or ask Ped. for the name of the Agency in your area (different name everywhere). EI covers until 3 and then public school takes over. My son was in EI for a speech delay and is in the public school preschool program and it has helped him alot. They provide speech and other therapies as needed to help our kids get over these delays. EI can tell you just how behind his is and help him catch up.

Don't blame yourself, just get him help now that you know he is behind. It took until my son was 27 months until I got him help.

Doreen

· Registered
1,283 Posts
I want to add, take him to a developmental ped and a neurologist too! A hearing test will also rule that out as a cause. Some kids just need help learning language and don't pick it up from everyday life. My son had testing outside of EI and saw several doctors in addition to what EI did; which was just to detect the delay and if he was behind enough for services. Luckily I had a friend who was already in EI and gave me doctors names to go see but EI should be able to help you if you don't have a personal resource for doctors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.