Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He had 10 stitches under his eye last night. A wooden sadle chair fell on him as he pulled it over on him as he was getting down from eating dinner. What can I do? Herbs, homeopathy, vit E?? You name it, I can do it. We had a plastic surgeon do the stitches that is supposed to be very good. He said there would be a little scarring. Is there anything I can do to reduce this? I am so thankful it missed the eye itself. Poor baby!! Mama and baby were both wearing white shirts and we were covered in blood. Needless to say, we got lots of stares and ohhs and ahhhs. It looked worse than it was. He is on no medication or anything and it is swollen. I have a huge homeopathy kit if there is anything I can use from there. More vit C?

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
to you both. I'd go for vitamin c and arnica for the swelling. My dd took a header into a kitchen drawer knob two days ago- I was just SURE that she'd have a huge black eye for her birthday party this weekend. It's nearly gone! It never was dark at all, a light hint of a bruise.

-Angela

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
After the incision is all healed up, in maybe four months, you can put some vitamin E on the scar. That will help the scar be less and help the itching that can happen during the healing process. As it heals it will probably really itch him. It is very important he keeps his hands off of it because any picking or scratching he does will disturb the skin from healing and make a bigger scar. You also will really want to avoid the sun because lots of sun exposure can cause the scar to be really light, compared to the rest of his skin.

Hugs to you. Those kinds of things can be really, really traumatic for everyone involved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.