Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I don't mean to stray off topic here, but my best friend loved to eat lemons growing up. In the end it ate all the enamel off her teeth and gave her a mouth full of cavities.

Sorry - I just couldn't read your post without telling you that straight lemon juice is really bad for teeth.

· Registered
16,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mere
I don't mean to stray off topic here, but my best friend loved to eat lemons growing up. In the end it ate all the enamel off her teeth and gave her a mouth full of cavities.

Sorry - I just couldn't read your post without telling you that straight lemon juice is really bad for teeth.
I was just going to say the same thing. My cousin used to suck them.

· Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, don't worry. He doesn't do it often. Once a month or so (sometimes less, he went the whole summer without doing it) he will just get in the mood for lemons. He usually drinks a bit of lemon in some water.
I drink far more lemon juice than he does. Luckily, my teeth are already terrible and have no enamel, so I don't have to worry about that.

· Registered
383 Posts
Hmmm... where do I start?

My son when he was 3 wore mittens every minute of the day (minus lunch at dc where he was required to take them off) for at least 9 - 12 months straight.

He then moved to the pajama top only without tags. Everything else was too itchy.

Now, he just eats sticks of butter when i'm not looking and insists on going to the park as luke skywalker.

· Registered
817 Posts
My 4 year old begs to buy the lemon and lime shaped juices at Trader Joes. I guess thats better than begging for candy LOL!!!
I guess he got that from me...I love lemons dipped in sugar
(and I have very healthy teeth!)
He also does the butter thing! He did NOT get that from me. He always tries to steal sticks of butter at dinner.
My 2 year old is VERY attatched to those tiny hard-covered books you get at Borders or Barnes and Noble. They are adult ones with topics like friendship, family, movie stars, yoga, etc...(any topic you can think of really).
He has to take a collection of them to bed and nap every night.
He has 2 favorites that must be in each hand and 2 others of his choice by his pillow. We co-sleep and I have rolled over on these books too many times to count!

· Registered
1,762 Posts
My dd talks to herself while pooping on the potty (I can hear her through the closed door).
She is OBSESSED with checking her toes for "toe cheese"--the minute we enter the house, socks and shoes come off and the in-between-the-toe-examination begins.
She likes to lick the foam off of my lattes.

· Registered
7,238 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigomama
Hmmm... where do I start?
Now, he just eats sticks of butter when i'm not looking and insists on going to the park as luke skywalker.
OMG if this was 1977, he'd be my brother!!!! he also drank salt from the shaker at all possible times- it was always clogged
: he officially *changed* his name to Luke in kindergarten & would no longer answer to his own name.

dd is still technically a toddler, but she's got some stuff of her own already
she sings goodnight to her books every night. we've had to limit her to 4 books in bed & she sings to each one before going to sleep
she eats all of one food at a time from her plate before moving on to the next one. and, when i ask her to sing *quietly*, she will just sing in a very very high pitch

· Registered
358 Posts
Charlotte (four) walks around the house all the time with a pad of paper and a pen writing 'prescriptions' and giving them out to people (no one in the house is EVEN taking perscription meds and hasn't for months and months and months so I Have no idea where this came from?)

· Registered
372 Posts
My ds always is sneaking "tastes" of butter! Too funny, but I did this too as a kid.

He also likes you to read to him while he is going #2. ?? This didn't come from me though!

He also likes to call me by my first name, not mama, or mom, he'll yell to me from across a store...."Hey Shane!!!!"

He also likes to mimick me, and dress up in girly things, shoes, dresses, necklaces, rings, etc. , and go around the house saying "Hi, I'm Shane, I'm a girly girl" funny, b/c I am not a real girly girl. It is way too cute though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.