Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly my supply has tanked this month. I don't know the reason, but it's been this way almost a month. Anyone who was BF'ing have this problem of suddenly tanking? The only time my LO wants to nurse is before bedtime, and the last few days she's been very upset that there's hardly anything for her. This seems stupid to say, but I feel like my body has failed me. I know I wanted to quit in the near future, but not so abruptly!

Any other reason why I've tanked? My boobs have become a bit more saggy, too.

I'm kinda sad, and wondering? Is there anything I can do to get it back? I also noticed last month my period was shorter, too. does this have to do with the short period? WTH? Also, I was sick with the flu about 2 weeks ago, and I started Armout Thyroid about a month ago. Do you think it's the Armour Thyroid?

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
The illness probably has a lot to do with it.

Make sure you're drinking lots of water, and eat oatmeal everyday - it really helps some women!

Any chance you're PG?

Is the Armour(t) Thyroid a medication?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hmm this is interesting..

I was told Armour (or any thyroid meds) would have no effect on supply. If anything, having your thyroid optimized should increase supply.

But i'm on Armour also and i've had low supply from the beginning. Maybe there is something about the Armour? I doubt it though. It probably is the illness itself (hypthyroidism) causing the problem.

I have a friend who swears her supply dropped from having the flu and has never been able to get it quite back up to normal after that.

Supply issues are a complete mystery to me. I'm 3 months in and still trying to figure out why I have low supply.
Good luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.